Hull Shield

Trix

Escalante-Class Member
In today's Boattest reports, Captain Steve evaluated a relatively new product, Hull Shield. He gave a glowing report via an inspection of a boat hauled from warm water that would normally require biweekly cleaning. The ultrasonic system kept the hull growth free after a year in the water (growth on underwater lights and exposed gear that are insulated from the sound waves). If I had a slipped boat I would look at this DIY product.

ScottF

In today's Boattest reports, Captain Steve evaluated a relatively new product, Hull Shield. He gave a glowing report via an inspection of a boat hauled from warm water that would normally require biweekly cleaning. The ultrasonic system kept the hull growth free after a year in the water (growth on underwater lights and exposed gear that are insulated from the sound waves). If I had a slipped boat I would look at this DIY product.
I also read the Boattest report and am considering. In my experience at Powell a bottom cleaning is needed at least every 2 years, better if one year.