• Friends: Please double-check the email address you have on file. Make sure that it is current and able to receive email. When our emails are rejected it can damage our ratings and slow down future deliveries.
    Thanks!

Houseboat Insurance

Scott

I know this has been a topic in the past and one that I had to deal with real recently. I purchased a 2002 55' aluminum monohull with a group of 5 other owners. Having multiple owners limits the insurance options. As most of you know, the most common option is a commercial policy through Markel. These policy's are great, but the premiums are fairly high, and the requirements from Markel to obtain issue a policy are cumbersome. I was able to get a policy issued through a State Farm office out of Sandy, UT. If you are having trouble with a policy, let me know and I can put you in touch with the folks here in Utah that were able to get it done.

Gem Morris

Please post or PM me their phone number. At the very least I'd like to get a quote. My insurance will be coming due early next year.

I know this has been a topic in the past and one that I had to deal with real recently. I purchased a 2002 55' aluminum monohull with a group of 5 other owners. Having multiple owners limits the insurance options. As most of you know, the most common option is a commercial policy through Markel. These policy's are great, but the premiums are fairly high, and the requirements from Markel to obtain issue a policy are cumbersome. I was able to get a policy issued through a State Farm office out of Sandy, UT. If you are having trouble with a policy, let me know and I can put you in touch with the folks here in Utah that were able to get it done.
Scott
Could you send me a pm. Friends tried SF and were told no multi owner boats. That was in CO with a boat on LP. Let us know who to contact
Thanks

Frank James

Scott,
We are in the same boat (sic). We were just advised that our policy (7 owner houseboat) is being cancelled due to the statement that they no longer see a market for multiple partner houseboats. I would be interested in the State Farm contact as well.
Thanks

Keith Stockman

It took us a long time to accomplish it, but we finally got insurance underwritten by Great Lakes Insurance SE. The insurance broker was American Marine Insurance in Newport Beach. At the time we got the insurance last fall we had 15 owners on a 1991 Boatel 50' houseboat. We ended up with a little less insurance for a little higher premium than we'd been paying for American Reliable for years........but WE GOT INSURANCE! Now we just have to get another buoy at Bullfrog and we're "back in business." The phone number at AMI is 805-667-8514. So far it's been smooth sailing. I'd really recommend you give them a try. We missed the entire 2020 boating season because we couldn't find an underwriter so we're pretty happy about our current situation. We tried SF in Utah and was told that they wouldn't insure anything with more than two owners. Markel was impossible for us. Good luck.

Richard

I used American Marine and was able to get insurance for my Kayot 1978 -- I had to have an updated survey done -- I'm a single owner which made the task easier -- but American Marine was very good to work with is my point -- Getting a buoy at Bullfrog should be easy -- so many empty buoy's during last years season -- Getting the boat in the water on the executive service ramp -- as it gets busy --could be a hassle

Dennis Brewster

We cannot get insurance on out 1983 Kayot house boat with Multi owners. More than 12 hate to get rid of boat when it is still good. Tried at least 12 insurance companies any Ideas?

Richard

Last year -- I was told that if you had a multi-owner boat, with steel pontoons and stored the boat in a slip ----that there was insurance available for that situation. Insurance was not available if the HB was on a buoy -- That situation involved a few owners of a HB not a large group but I'm not sure if that matters-- perhaps that does

Maybe you already looked into that option--

I'm a single owner with a 78 Kayot -- I guess I'm fortunate -- but have not received my renewal for this year

Scott

We cannot get insurance on out 1983 Kayot house boat with Multi owners. More than 12 hate to get rid of boat when it is still good. Tried at least 12 insurance companies any Ideas?
Dennis - Were you able to find insurance? If you are still having problems, give me a call. I have a few suggestions that may be helpful.

-Scott
619-787-5265