Hite Area

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look forward to you saving these and using them side-by-side in the Spring and Summer.

You almost have to with how badly positioned the Hite web cam is. It's even worse than last year, it's pointed more north now towards the old Marina site, even at full pool I don't think you could see water on it.

You almost have to with how badly positioned the Hite web cam is. It's even worse than last year, it's pointed more north now towards the old Marina site, even at full pool I don't think you could see water on it.
Agreed. I don't know why they moved it at the end of the season last year. You can't see anything now!

It may be time to adjust the view of the camera. Sq

Someone needs to call the person in charge of the Lake Powell camera and make suggestion. Would be nice if all our cameras had the ability for you to view and control to have different views from the camera - like many ski resorts have.

I miss the days of when there was a full marina at Hite. Would love to see the water get that high again, but after the overflow issues (I think in 2006) I highly doubt it will ever re-open

Maybe they don't wont you to see them extending the boat ramp?LOL

I hope they move the camera before the water rises?
NPS advised me that they are aware that the camera doesn't face the water, but because of where it is mounted that there is nothing they (can)(will) do about it.

NPS advised me that they are aware that the camera doesn't face the water, but because of where it is mounted that there is nothing they (can)(will) do about it.

Glen Canyon needs to add a 1-7 day web camera fee (with password) for $12 or annual web camera fee pass for $24 (with 360 day password), ONLY THEN will the NPS will be able to rotate the Hite camera towards the lake.

Well, at the very least its refreshing to hear a government agency admit that they're totally worthless.

A hateful comment to be sure. Since, in your short sighted opinion, the NPS is "totally worthless", be sure to never contact the agency should you need life saving assistance while on the lake. Please do not register any complaints when fellow park visitors trash your favorite beach and mark their names in 190 million year old sandstone. Don't expect a ranger to pull from the lake the bodies of those who drown and wrap arms around their grieving family members. Don't expect any ranger to explain to you the wonders of Rainbow Bridge or change the bulb in a lighted buoy so you might find your way back to camp after dark. Don't expect rangers to be stopping boat captains so under the influence that they cannot even see your boat ahead of them. Please do not make use of any facilities like boat ramp, parking lot, or picnic shelter, much less a pump out. Tell your kids and grandkids to enjoy the park today because it will be trampled, forever marred, and bought by Disney tomorrow. After all, the Agency is worthless and can do nothing to help you protect the park you own.

Returning to the topic at hand, and to a spirit of constructiveness for which this discussion group is known, I think the problem with the camera is that the water level is so low it can't be seen from the ranger station regardless of the direction it's pointed toward.

WELL, I wonder how it got moved as to be totally ineffectual... At least before I was able to identify, that it was an Earth cam.... let's chew on THAT for a while.... :rolleyes:

A hateful comment to be sure. Since, in your short sighted opinion, the NPS is "totally worthless"...

It was a joke, and I am sorry if I struck a cord or offended you or your experiences in any way, that was'nt my intention. It is a common and long running joke to mock the stereotype of a government agency being lacksadalsicle (hence, can't move a camera that was obviously recently moved anyway). I am fully aware of the many great things the rangers do and have spoken with many on quite a few occasions, and I have been using and respecting the lakes facilities and services since I could walk. Thanks

Preston

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back