• Friends: Please double-check the email address you have on file. Make sure that it is current and able to receive email. When our emails are rejected it can damage our ratings and slow down future deliveries.
    Thanks!

Hello....hello...........hello..............hello................ (echos. from canyons.)

beady927

Hi everyone, New poster here. Not new to Powell. Here's our history
:
Wife's mom worked VHF radio operator at Wahweap, Bookkeeper at Rainbow marina (yes rainbow, not DR), Boat tours and other jobs.
Wife worked at Rainbow for a summer while in College.
Wife's sister work boat tours desk for a while.
Wife's brothers worked as mechanics at boat rentals and in Page auto shop for while
We got married on Antelope Island with a shuttle on the paddle wheeler (yea!). Thanks again Bubba & Debbie K.!
My 1st HB trip was 1980. Done 8 or so more over the years (lost count). Most from Wahweap but one from Halls and one from BF. Going again in Sept (2021) out of Wahweap. Excited to see lake at lower level. Saw it on 1st trip 100% full. Excited to finally NOT go during peak heat & monsoon season.
Used to have 19' Sea Ray DV outfitted with extra tank and VHF. Sold it a over decade ago.
Several 3 day weekend campouts in warm creek.

I've picked up a lot of good tips from this site, stuff I/we didn't think of or know even after multiple trips. Good stuff. Thanks y'all!

Man have the HBs changed (for the better) over the years. Boy, the number of boats on the water has grown exponentially (not a big fan of that). Back in 1980 we waterskied on the main channel in the middle of the day in few spots! And, didn't see another soul in SJ in June, ahhhh, the old days...........

Hi everyone, New poster here. Not new to Powell. Here's our history
:
Wife's mom worked VHF radio operator at Wahweap, Bookkeeper at Rainbow marina (yes rainbow, not DR), Boat tours and other jobs.
Wife worked at Rainbow for a summer while in College.
Wife's sister work boat tours desk for a while.
Wife's brothers worked as mechanics at boat rentals and in Page auto shop for while
We got married on Antelope Island with a shuttle on the paddle wheeler (yea!). Thanks again Bubba & Debbie K.!
My 1st HB trip was 1980. Done 8 or so more over the years (lost count). Most from Wahweap but one from Halls and one from BF. Going again in Sept (2021) out of Wahweap. Excited to see lake at lower level. Saw it on 1st trip 100% full. Excited to finally NOT go during peak heat & monsoon season.
Used to have 19' Sea Ray DV outfitted with extra tank and VHF. Sold it a over decade ago.
Several 3 day weekend campouts in warm creek.

I've picked up a lot of good tips from this site, stuff I/we didn't think of or know even after multiple trips. Good stuff. Thanks y'all!

Man have the HBs changed (for the better) over the years. Boy, the number of boats on the water has grown exponentially (not a big fan of that). Back in 1980 we waterskied on the main channel in the middle of the day in few spots! And, didn't see another soul in SJ in June, ahhhh, the old days...........
Great post, thanks! I remember the old Rainbow Marina.....not the one in the July '67 Nat Geo.....but after it was moved just around the corner up canyon....where it was, if memory serves, till 1983.....where the dangling rope once....well.....dangled..........:)

beady927

Will dig for photos. Not sure we'll find any... got a few of the wedding. Not sure what else. MIght take a while. Busy prepping for launch on a couple weeks. Digging up old spreadheets , equipment, maps .etc