Helicopters at Halls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan

Wow. Those are low. Apparently the flight "floor" doesn't apply to them?

Randy Helzer

We are up in the Bullfrog slips and had two huge military helicopters fly over (much much higher elevation) sometime before 5:00 tonight.

Zach

Two came through GJ after 6:00, must have needed fuel. Wonder if they were the same group?

Wow. Those are low. Apparently the flight "floor" doesn't apply to them?

That would be correct. We see the choppers, fighters, etc. here in Havasu all the time flying very low, I've seen fighters fly so low on the lake that the water is blowin up behind them. Love It !

Meatwagon

I saw them cruise over last chance this afternoon, not sure of the time. very cool, glad to know there out there keeping us safe.

Leardriver

Cool stuff. Watching a fighter come through the Grand Canyon and then go vertical out of it is an impressive sight.

birdsnest

Back around 2004 I was running up lake full throttle in a work boat going around 60. The boat had twin 150 mercury two strokes. I always thought they sounded like a swarm of bees chasing me. I was around mile marker 44 and I heard a foreign sound to my ears and before I knew it an F-16 flew over me going the same direction. I swear it was low enough to make the water spray up. It scared the holy crap out of me. I'll bet the pilot was laughing hard knowing what he did to me.

Waterbaby

Staff member
Might have been on the way to Knab to prepare for the arrival of the Sec. of Interior - he was ferried around in Blackhawks this week to look over the monuments [pics on Issues].

punkadoo

A couple of years ago we were camped across from Hole in the Rock and a group of 5 or 6 jets flew over quite low and loud. They did some practice stunts for about 4 or 5 minutes right over the top of us. Several formations then planes shooting off in different directions. I think there was an air show somewhere. We were by ourselves and all we could do was look at each other and say " Can you believe this" We must have said it 10 times. it was amazing and we felt so lucky to be in the right spot at the right time. Our own little air show!

Status
Not open for further replies.