Headed down Sunday!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

broski

Staff member
First time in two years!!!

Really short notice, but opening at work, and only free weekend in months, so here we come!

Ballast Boy's graduation party, and my daughter Carson's 16th (yikes) birthday!!!

Thanks for all the recent updates, I'm sure we'll get on some fish and maybe even some newly forming boils based on Wayne's latest report!!!

Trying to get back on here, and back to the lake, more often now that work has stabilized for a while!!!

Anyone in Bullfrog this weekend/week? We'll be staying at the RV campground. Hail me on 16 if around...

Also, if anyone isn't using their houseboat in the slips, and wouldn't mind me tying up behind for three nights, I would be happy to pay or knock spiders off the boat. Otherwise, gotta pull the boat each night...

Hope to see some of the northerners maybe, and sorry for short notice!

-Broski

Squirrel

Bro. if you are staying in the RV park, you get a discount renting a slip (25% I believe), which makes it convenient. Goldie & I used that option when we were there this spring. Well worth the money (except when my glasses went in the drink when tying up the boat). Not pulling the boat every night, PRICELESS. Have fun, I just don't like the heat this time of year.

Ryan

We are here right now. Staying in the Bullfrog slips, heading home Monday.

We have been in Bullfrog bay, halls creek bay and up to Knowles.

Have seen lots of slurps going on.

Heading south tomorrow, not sure what we will do Sunday.

Please say hello if you see us. We are in the black and white Malibu with a Sky Ski on the tower. Not many like it.

broski

Staff member
Bro. if you are staying in the RV park, you get a discount renting a slip (25% I believe), which makes it convenient. Goldie & I used that option when we were there this spring. Well worth the money (except when my glasses went in the drink when tying up the boat). Not pulling the boat every night, PRICELESS. Have fun, I just don't like the heat this time of year.

Thanks Squirrel....that's (renting) the "plan B".... when I called them 2 weeks ago, they quoted me $38/night for a 22' bowrider WITH the 25% discount. Will call them again on the way tomorrow and see if that's truly the case... our RV spot is only $50/night!

Really looking to hit some slurps/boils, and maybe if the cards fall right, some night fishing on the docks, but we're trying to pack an awful lot in the only three day window we may have all summer!

Last edited by a moderator:

broski

Staff member
We are here right now. Staying in the Bullfrog slips, heading home Monday.

We have been in Bullfrog bay, halls creek bay and up to Knowles.

Have seen lots of slurps going on.

Heading south tomorrow, not sure what we will do Sunday.

Please say hello if you see us. We are in the black and white Malibu with a Sky Ski on the tower. Not many like it.

Thanks Ryan! Hope today downlake was fun, please fill me in on the fishing and overall conditions!

We won't be in BF until mid-afternoon, but I'll try to find you!

We'll be in a yellow/white Glastron with wake tower and TWO Wayne's Words flags flying! While prepping for this trip, Ballast Boy made it a point to say we need to fly Petester's flag since he (BB) hasn't been to the lake since Pete passed away.... it'll be a somber, yet joyous time to hoist one of the original WWs flags!

catchnabuzz

Just got back from fishing halls to hansen. Fishing was extremely slow and boat waves were trending

Last edited:

catchnabuzz

Also, lots of random wood on the surface. I hit a submerged log and wiped out a 500$ prop right in front of Moki so beware, there are things below even where the surface is clean. Wood starts around moki and got worse and worse til I finally gave up at hansen. I watched a boat pull a wake boarder through a wood debri field. I couldn't believe my eyes when he didn't crash

coachk

Broski, We just came back yesterday. Look out near the haystacks in Stanton and also the big bay up above Moki. We found them spotty elsewhere but early and late are the tricks. Also use Chartreuse colored stuff. Much better hookup rate whether it was an Xrap/Grub/ other lure.

Broski, I just got back. I found lots of boil/slurps in the bay between Dome rock and BF bouy field. Also in the bay behind our houseboat in Halls slips. Night fishing was on fire there too. Good luck

broski

Staff member
We just got back as well....best fishing trip I have EVER had...even though we didn't have time to coordinate visiting with anyone like I wanted to...

Wish fished Moki wall with great success trolling a silver/blue thunder stick...we had good success down to about buoy 80 chasing boils. I CRUSHED the smallies Lost Eden and Annies...but our honey hole of the trip was Smith Fork Canyon across from Forgotten... the stripers, smallies, EVERYTHING were cast after cast in there... in the AMs and PMs, the stripers were pushing shad up again the rocks, and every cast was a fish.... this was from the mouth, all the way back, it was crazy good.

Need to get back down there soon...we went all the way up Iceberg, and neither BB or I even cast a line because of so much boat traffic!

catchnabuzz

We just got back as well....best fishing trip I have EVER had...even though we didn't have time to coordinate visiting with anyone like I wanted to...

Wish fished Moki wall with great success trolling a silver/blue thunder stick...we had good success down to about buoy 80 chasing boils. I CRUSHED the smallies Lost Eden and Annies...but our honey hole of the trip was Smith Fork Canyon across from Forgotten... the stripers, smallies, EVERYTHING were cast after cast in there... in the AMs and PMs, the stripers were pushing shad up again the rocks, and every cast was a fish.... this was from the mouth, all the way back, it was crazy good.

Need to get back down there soon...we went all the way up Iceberg, and neither BB or I even cast a line because of so much boat traffic!
How deep are you running your cranks along the walls? Leadcore or just long lining? We tried bait in that area Saturday and sunday and only got 21 stripers and most were all head and starving

Status
Not open for further replies.