Heard a report from a owner ( second hand) that one of the tire barriers cut loose and hit at least one houseboat-- anyone have information on this? Understand it was in the last few days--
The tires came loose during the storm and were sitting right at the back of the houseboat. 4' swells came over the back of the boat and put it down. Aramark moved the tires back and secured them the next day.
In Serenity's case, the bilge pumps were incorrectly wired and I doubt that they were functional during her sinking. They had also not been secured down to the hull, but appeared to be just set in place, which doesn't really work well for the float switch. The engine compartment vents are as high as they could be, mounted on the top of the aft deck; I think that the water coming over the stern and into the hatches is what sank Serenity and likely this boat.
I replaced our two bilge pumps with 3700-GPH bilge pumps, which were the largest I could find. That means each pump can put more than a 55-gallon barrel of water (about 62-gallons) over the side every minute. I also used separate float switches that can be visually inspected and checked for operation.