Halls Crossing fuel dock

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonT

My understanding is that the Halls Crossing fuel dock is open again. Does anyone know if it offers propane services as in the past. Bullfrog (at the fuel dock) will only provide "full" fills. In other words, it doesn't matter how much remaining propane is in a tank, they will charge you for a full fill.

Ryan

I thought both Bullfrog and Halls would only do exchanges on the water.

If no one else here knows, you can call and ask.
‭(435) 684-7000‬

Endurance

DonT, you're smart to look around for a tank top-off as you're doing. In addition to being high-priced and giving no credit for the remaining propane in the tank you turn in, the "full fill" that Bullfrog gives you as an exchange has about 3.5 gallons in a 5-gallon tank. I can't single out Bullfrog for the 3.5-gallon practice. If you read the fine print on any exchange these days, you will find that to the tank exchange people, "full" means containing about 3.5 gallons.

Squirrel

Do they do the 3.5 gallon “fill”due the temps at the lake (expansion) or is it because they know they can screw you. Normally the fill on a 20lb. tank would be 4.0 gallons (80%). Sq

Ryan

Do they do the 3.5 gallon “fill”due the temps at the lake (expansion) or is it because they know they can screw you. Normally the fill on a 20lb. tank would be 4.0 gallons (80%). Sq
As Endurance said, common practice for exchanges. I’m not happy with Aramark for the way they run a lot of the lake. But this practice isn’t just them.

birdsnest

The OPd will not allow any more than 80% don't care who you are. It definitely feels like a rip off to me,I won't do a tank exchange anywhere. When you do the math you are paying ridiculous price for propane. I always just refill my tanks and pay the going price for propane. Like everything else on Powell, it pays to be prepared.

DQDanny

last week I drove up to Cheyenne, Wyoming, from Boulder, & filled up (2) 30# tanks, and (3) 20# tanks, at the very reasonable price of $2.80 per gallon. Last year at BF, at the gas station, propane was $4.00 per gallon plus all the taxes. Of course I also visited my father, but the price was right.

WaterMan

I fill tanks at Costco in Phoenix. Last week they were $2.18 gallon and a #20 empty tank takes 4.4 gallons.

Squirrel

The company who fills our house propane tank will top off the RV and any other tanks for whatever the going rate is. $1.45 last week.
I do the same thing but didn't want to advertise it. I take #30's & #40's to hunting camp for heat & stove/oven. Sq

birdsnest

The company who fills our house propane tank will top off the RV and any other tanks for whatever the going rate is. $1.45 last week.
That's my favorite way to get all my tanks filled. I have a 250 gallon tank at my cabin and when my propane guy comes he fills everything

DQDanny

wow......those are great prices.....I did not know some costco's did propane bulk refill......will have to look around a bit. By the way, I am heading down to BF late next week & plan to be in the campground for 2 weeks or so. Haven't fished in many years @ Powell....looking forward to getting back down & getting away.

Status
Not open for further replies.