• Friends: Please double-check the email address you have on file. Make sure that it is current and able to receive email. When our emails are rejected it can damage our ratings and slow down future deliveries.
    Thanks!

Got another job in Page, where to fish?

RYCO13

It looks like I'm heading back up tomorrow morning and working. I plan to haul the boat up along with me incase I get a chance to fish. Where should I go and what to throw?I'll be working in Page and launching at Wahweep. Thanks.

stickbow shooter

It looks like I'm heading back up tomorrow morning and working. I plan to haul the boat up along with me incase I get a chance to fish. Where should I go and what to throw?I'll be working in Page and launching at Wahweep. Thanks.
With the cut closed you might try around lone rock. Gena and I caught several stripers using jigs last January. I would get some anchovies also. Hope you. catch a bunch.

Last edited by a moderator:

Maverick5207

I haven't fished in about a month or so but I had good luck right at the dam along the buoys up against the cliff on the west side and Anchovy Point has always been good to me.
You will never go wrong with anchovies.
Heck, my brother has been catching them off the back of his houseboat right in Wahweap Marina the last few days. Maybe the warming temps have got the fish excited.

stickbow shooter

I haven't fished in about a month or so but I had good luck right at the dam along the buoys up against the cliff on the west side and Anchovy Point has always been good to me.
You will never go wrong with anchovies.
Heck, my brother has been catching them off the back of his houseboat right in Wahweap Marina the last few days. Maybe the warming temps have got the fish excited.
Maverick where is anchovy point located?
Steve

Maverick5207

Maverick where is anchovy point located?
Steve
Where I go is the point on the east side of where Wahweap meets the main channel on the south side of the rocky point.
I'm somewhat new at fishing Lake Powell. My first time was last July but these places always treated me well. Antelope and Navajo Canyons have also been good to me.
I'm headed back soon so please let us know how you do.

Attachments

• Screenshots_2021-01-13-17-16-48~3.png
    Screenshots_2021-01-13-17-16-48~3.png
    994.5 KB · Views: 21

RYCO13

Just talked to my brother. He is catching a bunch right in Wahweap Marina today. He says there is a school 20 ft below the back of his houseboat.
Wish I was there.Is he in the
Is his boat deep in the marina or does he happen to be along the outside like closer to the lake side of the slips?

RYCO13

Well, I got skunked. The job took longer than I wanted so I only fished for a couple hours. Tried over by then no wake zone near the dam and in the Marina. Met your brother Maverick5207. Seems like a nice guy. I told him if I got nothing and had anchovies left I would give them to him. He didn't come back out when I went by, so can you tell him I left them on the back of his boat. Thanks for the info everyone. Hopefully next time I'll have more time to fish. Looks like I may be coming up more often for work. Maybe once a month. Kinda excited about that.