Got a New Boat!

Mr Jimmy

Hey Dungee
Cool fiberglass boat ! Looks like your looking to turn it into a bonefish skiff that we use in Honduras. you gonna cut the bow off ? Have fun, Good Luck !
I completely reworked my old 58 Lonestar a couple years ago. New 4 stroke Suzuki, seats, roller rails, winch, and bearings. The trailer has been painted and restored since this picture was taken.
Yes, I've taken it to Powell dozens of times on my early spring fishing trip. A little tight with all the gear, but once you get to the campsite and unload you're golden. We used to blast down from Hite to Ticaboo in the past. She can handle some pretty rough chop if it has to.
Side note. It might have the lowest CL number in Colorado !3092EF07-8D57-4531-B617-78E28675E049[126].JPG

Dungee Fishing

Hey Dungee
Cool fiberglass boat ! Looks like your looking to turn it into a bonefish skiff that we use in Honduras. you gonna cut the bow off ? Have fun, Good Luck !
I completely reworked my old 58 Lonestar a couple years ago. New 4 stroke Suzuki, seats, roller rails, winch, and bearings. The trailer has been painted and restored since this picture was taken.
Yes, I've taken it to Powell dozens of times on my early spring fishing trip. A little tight with all the gear, but once you get to the campsite and unload you're golden. We used to blast down from Hite to Ticaboo in the past. She can handle some pretty rough chop if it has to.
Side note. It might have the lowest CL number in Colorado !View attachment 8891
Thats awesome! Yeah so the plan is to take the top (shell piece) off, do some glass work on the inside, probably reinforce the transom and some of the sides, then add a front and back deck with hopefully a lip around the entire edge to maximize the fishing space. I wanted a fiberglass boat that doesnt have a sub floor because that is what I am familiar working with. Hopefully we can find a 20-25 HP short shaft to throw on there and go. We want something that we can use in really shallow water, Carp shoot, take to lakes in the uintas/boulders with motor restrictions, and potentially hand launch if needed in areas like North Wash and Farley. Just everything that our bigger boat cant do that well. Convincing the wife of the second boat was the hard part, looking forward to the restoration/re purposing part lol.

BPappas

Here is my project. Picked this up for 500 this past fall. Completely ripped out everything. Hoping next week to drop her into lake Dillon here in Colorado and if everything checks out its off to Powell to chase some boils.

Attachments

Last edited:

scubatim

Here is my project. Picked this up for 500 this past fall. Completely ripped out everything. Hoping next week to drop her into lake Dillon here in Colorado and if everything checks out its off to Powell to chase some books.
What a Beauty!!!! I had enuff just trying to recarpet my Bayliner - and redo the front wood/hatches!!! Your hired!!:D

treetop

Here is my project. Picked this up for 500 this past fall. Completely ripped out everything. Hoping next week to drop her into lake Dillon here in Colorado and if everything checks out its off to Powell to chase some books.
Wow that looks like aLOT of work!
i guess if you’re having fun is not work.
did you build, or buy your new windshiel?
you do nice work

BPappas

Wow that looks like aLOT of work!
i guess if you’re having fun is not work.
did you build, or buy your new windshiel?
you do nice work
Thanks Treetop. I made the windshield myself. It was out of 2'x3'x1/4" acrylic. Cut it to the shape I wanted them used a heat gun for the bending then finished it of with some boat/rv edging.

Dworwood

Since we are on project boats, here is the Tracker I re-built from the ground up. It was also re-powered with a 60 hp 4 stroke Merc. It says 40 hp but it's a 60. Sq
Squirrel, I just sold the sister to that boat. I bought it in 87 and it was all original and in great shape. It had a 35 mercury on it. I had it on Powell a few times and it caught a bunch of fish in the 32 years I had it. Just outgrew it but sure enjoyed our time in it. It was a walleye magnet back when we had walleye in YUBA! Yours has some good improvements I can see in your pictures. Nice job rebuilding it.