• Friends: Please double-check the email address you have on file. Make sure that it is current and able to receive email. When our emails are rejected it can damage our ratings and slow down future deliveries.
    Thanks!

Good week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Moore

Was down Friday through Wednesday morning. Found large schools between Bullfrog north bouy field and dome rock. Really had to watch graffiti to find them. They moved out Monday night but found good schools by the Haystacks on the channel side. Over 300 for our time there. Mostly on Howard’s white or Chartruse and white. My boy and some others caught catfish off the back off the house Boat. 4 of them around 30 inches.

Attachments

• 08087390-A09B-4EFB-B749-902A3067956C.jpeg
    08087390-A09B-4EFB-B749-902A3067956C.jpeg
    486.3 KB · Views: 142

Dworwood

Escalante-Class Member
May I ask where the haystacks are? Get to fish in the morning then back to work. Tried the knolls area today and Moqui area with little success finding strippers.

treetop

I heard of there being strippers at powell but I’ve never been able to find them either.
I believe that the haystacks are the rock domes on the point between bullfrog and Stanton creek.
Just get on that point and move your boat South until the bottom drops from 40 feet down to a hundred and something. There is an under water ridge there that runs west, to the west side of the halls bouy field, then it drops off deep too.
I’ve always found fish along that ridge and especially just off the point.
Good luck

Steve Moore

May I ask where the haystacks are? Get to fish in the morning then back to work. Tried the knolls area today and Moqui area with little success finding strippers.

Sorry. My IPad doesn’t let me post. South of the large haystack and a little east is a bowl that drops to 80 feet. It is on the flat before dropping into the main channel. I have it marked on my fish finder to find it. It’s not real big so you really have to use your finder.

Attachments

• 3244E774-D8B8-4A03-86D7-422737969FE7.jpeg
    3244E774-D8B8-4A03-86D7-422737969FE7.jpeg
    217.6 KB · Views: 110

PapaWhit

Hey Steve, It was great buddying up with you guys out there last week. Seems to be better with a few boats chasin them things around on the graphs. My partner from Canada sure had a great time. Thanks again.

SDPJ

Thanks Steve, for this report really helped us find fish the 18-21st. Seemed like the fish moved around from that area to just around the corner above where the gravel island sits close to the rock pile sticking up next to it. 2 of us had a 46 fish hit yesterday afternoon. 31954E01-2326-4305-901E-474F40718924.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.