Getting fuel

Status
Not open for further replies.

charles

This is kind of a "fishing expedition" but on 7/7 I was getting fuel in Delta, CO to go on a ride in the side by side and this guy was fueling up heading to Flaming Gorge to fish for smallies. We chatted about falling fishing at LP and he stated that he is always down there in the spring and fall. After he left I started wondering if he was one of the "famous" LP fisherman that I read they're post all the time. He had a white boat with a 250 hp motor on back, he said that it was 'scary fast".

Oh crap I wish I would have introduced my self he used to fish with a guy I knew, Jack Lowe, darn it.
Yes it was a Basscat I believe.

Bill has been dragging his boat behind a 5th wheel travel trailer and goes to the Gorge in the summer to get away from the heat and crowds of Powell, can't blame him. I fished with Lowe once many moons ago, nice guy and good fisherman, if I remember right, he's from Grand Junction

That be Bill Carquest, not a legend on waynes words but a bass legend at Powell none the less, retired and living the dream, great guy. were your getting the ethonal free gas?
No, he wasn't, but there was some type of an "additive" that I am not familiar with that he was using.

Bill has been dragging his boat behind a 5th wheel travel trailer and goes to the Gorge in the summer to get away from the heat and crowds of Powell, can't blame him. I fished with Lowe once many moons ago, nice guy and good fisherman, if I remember right, he's from Grand Junction
Yes Lowe lived in Junction for many years then Delta, he was quite a fisherman that was for sure. He passed about 4 years ago while living along the Columbia in Oregon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back