• Friends: Please double-check the email address you have on file. Make sure that it is current and able to receive email. When our emails are rejected it can damage our ratings and slow down future deliveries.
    Thanks!

Flipping at Lake Powell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nomofish

I am going to give out one of my secrets for anyone interested.
Flipping shade and brush. I have been doing this for a number of years and it catches lots of bass.
I use a swivel jig head and creature baits and pitch or flip to the shady side of rocks and boulders. I use 10-16# flouro leader and different size jigheads depending on water depth. Regular jigs and plastics will work, but I found better success on creature baits. Just toss to the shady side if rocks and boulders or drop-offs and watch your line closely. It will jump or move away. I also toss these behind brush and stick-ups and let it sit for a couple of seconds then move it through slowly. I rig them up weedless and they come through pretty easily.
Sometimes if they take off with the bait like a freight train, that usually means there more fish close by, so toss it in a few times.

Attachments

• creature baits.JPG
    creature baits.JPG
    61.6 KB · Views: 103

Nomofish

One thing I forgot to mention. Drag it off of rocks and boulders also and let it sink . Same thing though, shade side.

Status
Not open for further replies.