• Friends: Please double-check the email address you have on file. Make sure that it is current and able to receive email. When our emails are rejected it can damage our ratings and slow down future deliveries.
    Thanks!

Fishing Slurps

darenstegelmeier

Wayne mentioned to use "white clouser flys" in slurps, any tips and pointers on how to use them? My experience has been the slurps go away when I motor toward them, seems like it would be hard to use a fly pole to get in front of the slurp. I am looking for any tips on how to fish the slurps, my score is Stripers 47, Daren 0 for trying to get them to hit anything I have thrown at them

svivian

Check this out as well

cfulton

I have used a Seadoo to get much closer to slurps than you can with a boat. I've also attached a white streamer fly about 18" behind a small Kastmaster (for weight and casting distance) using a spinning pole/reel with great success in slurps. Many time catching two stripers per cast, one on the Kastmaster and one on the fly. Great fun!! Chuck

BrianID

I’ve been fishing the slurps the last couple days and have caught them the same as previous years. Slurps are not easy to fish. Quality Boat control and casting in front/past the slurp are two things every guy that consistently catches slurping stripers have in common. Various lures and flys will catch them. I’ve caught stripers from slurps in early June on all kinds of lures from a sized 10 fly and as large as a full sized Zara spook. Normally a smaller lure will get bite more by slurping stripers than a giant lure. Some slurps are more boat shy and lock jawed fish than others. Sometimes the best thing to do is leave an uncooperative slurping school and find a more active one.
slurping stripers are not an effective way to catch high numbers of stripers but slurps sure are fun.

fishfry

I’ve been fishing the slurps the last couple days and have caught them the same as previous years. Slurps are not easy to fish. Quality Boat control and casting in front/past the slurp are two things every guy that consistently catches slurping stripers have in common. Various lures and flys will catch them. I’ve caught stripers from slurps in early June on all kinds of lures from a sized 10 fly and as large as a full sized Zara spook. Normally a smaller lure will get bite more by slurping stripers than a giant lure. Some slurps are more boat shy and lock jawed fish than others. Sometimes the best thing to do is leave an uncooperative slurping school and find a more active one.
slurping stripers are not an effective way to catch high numbers of stripers but slurps sure are fun.
It’s all about the technique- BrianID is spot on!!

TR.

I have used a Seadoo to get much closer to slurps than you can with a boat. I've also attached a white streamer fly about 18" behind a small Kastmaster (for weight and casting distance) using a spinning pole/reel with great success in slurps. Many time catching two stripers per cast, one on the Kastmaster and one on the fly. Great fun!! Chuck
Chuck your killing me…. ;)