Fishfinder

Looking to upgrade from my Mark 5 pro, it gave us some fits last week. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on a new unit in the $300-$400 range?

Looking to upgrade from my Mark 5 pro, it gave us some fits last week. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on a new unit in the $300-$400 range?
Fish guts
I had issues with the same unit, it just seemed to loose its mind way too often.
I got a Humminbird Helix 7 DI GPS and I love it. Had to drop another bill for the lake master nav charts chip but its well worth it
$500 + $100 for the chip
The next option upgrade is the SI side image, I would like to see that one on the lake, but I didn't want to spend the extra $
Check out I-Boats.com. They are awesome

Last edited by a moderator:

John Leu

I have a Helix 7 SI and I just bought a 10 DI - personally I felt like I wasted the $$ on the SI. I think it works for a different kind of fishing. I am thrilled with the 10 DI and didn't have to drop the extra $$ for views I wasn't ever using. Just my $.02

I agree on the limited usefulness of SI, and its range. The DI, is much more use full for most freshwater fishing. Also it seems that the closer to next springs fishing season the better the deals on these units, as they bring out next years models ? I'm curious if they have improved the screens visibility in sunlight?

I have a Humminbird 798 Si. It's in great shape with power cord and side imaging transducer for sale! I have a 898 and 1198 on my boat so the 798 just sits. I paid $800 for it I will take $200 if interested let me know