• Friends: Please double-check the email address you have on file. Make sure that it is current and able to receive email. When our emails are rejected it can damage our ratings and slow down future deliveries.
    Thanks!

Favorite LP Pics 2021

Momma Bear 2000

A couple of shots along the Escalante in August 2021... lake level 3553... one is of our campsite, and the other on a hike up and out of the canyon...

View attachment 14813View attachment 14814
JFR, were you there first weekend of August? If so, we saw your campsite during our day trip from Bullfrog. That ledge you’re camped next to is our family’s favorite cliff jumping and water-floating-with-beers spot on the entire lake!

JFRCalifornia

Escalante-Class Member
JFR, were you there first weekend of August? If so, we saw your campsite during our day trip from Bullfrog. That ledge you’re camped next to is our family’s favorite cliff jumping and water-floating-with-beers spot on the entire lake!
We were at the spot on Aug 8-9, so I think you saw someone else. But I agree it’s a great spot for exactly the reasons you say!

mcpltret

Basic photo of rainbow bridge. What makes this special to me is:
- my wife picked the perfect lighting location while using simple phone,
facing into sun, with superb results
- had just received the shirt from grandkids, it jumps out
- we were the only visitors. Outstanding memory.
I have enjoyed everyone's photos immensely. This is a wonderful outlet
for viewing gorgeous scenery, happy families and friends, enjoying the wonders
of Powell. It's always fun and breathtaking. And if all your ducks line up, you'll
get to visit with WG on the water, everyone's mentor and a friend to all.

Attachments

• 56123D17-A14D-445E-925F-9C249CF08F7C.jpeg
    56123D17-A14D-445E-925F-9C249CF08F7C.jpeg
    538.1 KB · Views: 84
Basic photo of rainbow bridge. What makes this special to me is:
- my wife picked the perfect lighting location while using simple phone,
facing into sun, with superb results
- had just received the shirt from grandkids, it jumps out
- we were the only visitors. Outstanding memory.
I have enjoyed everyone's photos immensely. This is a wonderful outlet
for viewing gorgeous scenery, happy families and friends, enjoying the wonders
of Powell. It's always fun and breathtaking. And if all your ducks line up, you'll
get to visit with WG on the water, everyone's mentor and a friend to all.
Awesome picture Grandpa!

Momma Bear 2000

684A485E-F6DC-4C33-9CFE-B98BADAD7F37.jpeg

Water sparkles late afternoon on Labor Day — main channel probably around the 91mm. Couple of our friends swimming back from exploring the new baby grottoes and hot water stream.

ETA: Gem Morris, the little trickle stream was falling from above and between the two grottoes and I don’t know whether the sun or the earth warmed it. I would guess the sun ☀️

Last edited:

weeds

Concerning the Grumman Albatross. This has been discussed before, but here's a neat video if you have 7 minutes to kill.
The top Peto photo is one of the 3 featured. (N98TP registration)
Looks like it made it to Powell.

Bill Sampson

Escalante-Class Member
In the late 90's I was on a houseboat in Last Chance Bay, and a large seaplane took off overhead. It was the one that Lake Powell Magazine had done an article on. There was a pod on each wing that housed a jet ski, and the interior of the plane was very living functional. It was awesome watching it take off.