Favorite Boat Photo

Status
Not open for further replies.
We beach our houseboat and used to beach our stern drive boats, but with the inboard it is too risky to me. It makes me want to buy a cheaper stern drive or outboard so we can get back to beaching and hiking. Now it is anchor/swim/hike, which is not my favorite.
I've put keel shields on my last few V-drive inboards and I/Os. I'm not afraid of carefully beaching my 2016 Moomba, have since nearly new. Yeah it might get a couple scratches underneath but boats are meant to be used.

What is this boat, I've never seen it?! Glastron Surf and fish? This might be the ultimate Lake Powell boat! Is that a reverse drive I/O? I've got a fish finder on my V-drive Moomba and I'm not afraid to use it for fishing duties in addition to towing duties. I always thought a boat like this would be so cool to have, I didn't know they actually made one. Might PM you for more info...

I've put keel shields on my last few V-drive inboards and I/Os. I'm not afraid of carefully beaching my 2016 Moomba, have since nearly new. Yeah it might get a couple scratches underneath but boats are meant to be used.
I don't worry about the keel so much. I do worry about the prop and shaft. We are also in a 2016 Moomba and it just feels so exposed. Without a solid anchor at the back to keep it from hitting I won't consider it. The stern drive props and outdrive seem much better suited to taking minor strikes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back