Farley/White canyons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Supposed to rain most of the week through the weekend, so I'd have to say yes(muddy) on both canyons. We were planning to go this weekend, but looks like weather will prevent.

Supposed to rain most of the week through the weekend, so I'd have to say yes(muddy) on both canyons. We were planning to go this weekend, but looks like weather will prevent.
I’m headed down tomorrow weather be dammed. I think if we get rain it won’t be enough to send any mud in from the back of the canyons. My main concern is if the river is able to get in there. A few weeks ago I read a post saying that the river was missing the mouth of the canyons. If that’s the case I think it will be great.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aerial photos taken By Pegasus over a month ago showed the river dumping into White. I am sure White is pure chocolate mud. Farley was cut off from the river and not as muddy though....

Aerial photos taken By Pegasus over a month ago showed the river dumping into White. I am sure White is pure chocolate mud. Farley was cut off from the river and not as muddy though....
Thanks a bunch! I probably better head strait to Farley’s then check out White after I get settled in.

If you are willing to drive on an "unimproved road," you can camp fairly close to the water. 5-10 minute walk. And the road going down there isn't all that bad. I wouldn't take car down it, but any truck/suv is fine.

I would do it. I have pulled and launched my 19 ft bass boat down there several times. Just go slow.
Striper Slayer, just so I’m understanding this correctly you seem pretty sure that a person should be able to drive down to the gravel ramp back in Farley’s and maybe launch a kayak at this current water level? Anything you can add will be greatly appreciated. I fished Farley’s for the first time one year ago this week but the water level was at 3,609 so I’ve been holding off returning until I heard something positive at this lower water level. Thanks for weighing in!

Striper Slayer, just so I’m understanding this correctly you seem pretty sure that a person should be able to drive down to the gravel ramp back in Farley’s and maybe launch a kayak at this current water level? Anything you can add will be greatly appreciated. I fished Farley’s for the first time one year ago this week but the water level was at 3,609 so I’ve been holding off returning until I heard something positive at this lower water level. Thanks for weighing in!
I was there may 8-12 and I was able to drive down to the water and launch my kayaks but anything other than that would be tough. Not a lot of fish in there but the ones we caught were healthy.

You will not be able to launch from the "Gravel ramp." It is a LONG way from the water! But there is a dirt road that goes around the south side of the canyon that goes to the water. MAYBE. The water wasn't to the end of the road when we were there but it probably is now. You should be able to launch a kayak no problem but a boat will be a no go. The road that goes around the hill on the south side is not a maintained/graded road. Just a road that people made to be able to get to the water at low levels. It's a little rough, but nothing to fret about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back