Drought, warming shrink Colorado River article link

Dale

Has the writer looked at the snowmaps lately! The last time I remember they looked this good was a long time ago!

Last edited by a moderator:

Powelldreamer

After reading the article, I have a couple of observations. First let me state I am not an educated man. It seems the research is based on temperature and precipitation data. It does however not include any wind data which in my opinion may play a bigger part then the 1.6F degree temperature rise. Second, while he does reference the current snowpack and precipitation numbers he must be smoking some of that recreational/medical bio-herb to reach his conclusions

Waterbaby

Staff member
After reading the article, I have a couple of observations. First let me state I am not an educated man. It seems the research is based on temperature and precipitation data. It does however not include any wind data which in my opinion may play a bigger part then the 1.6F degree temperature rise. Second, while he does reference the current snowpack and precipitation numbers he must be smoking some of that recreational/medical bio-herb to reach his conclusions

It's from the Associated Press. The author has probably never even been to the lakes out here and is regurgitating what he has heard..........

Dale