Defiance house ruins

Dworwood

Does anyone know if the defiance house ruins are open at this water level? Taking some first time visitors in two weeks and trying to think of visible ruins I could show them. Three roof is always an option but forgotten is a bit closer.

Dean Mc

Went there first part of August. Its a fair walk might be half a mile or a bit more , but pretty easy going till the climb at the end. It was hot when we went so take water, should be cooler now. Still worth the time. The ruins in Slickrock are easy to see from the boat but are fenced off so cant really have a good look see. DMc

Dworwood

Went there first part of August. Its a fair walk might be half a mile or a bit more , but pretty easy going till the climb at the end. It was hot when we went so take water, should be cooler now. Still worth the time. The ruins in Slickrock are easy to see from the boat but are fenced off so cant really have a good look see. DMc
Thank you.

Ryan

Three Roofs you can only see from the boat. Superintendent has had it shut down for a while.

It’s only about 8’ deep in front of them. We need a big winter.

Dworwood

Three Roofs you can only see from the boat. Superintendent has had it shut down for a while.

It’s only about 8’ deep in front of them. We need a big winter.
Yea I was there a week ago, at least you can see them. Thanks for the response.

We were there this weekend. They are open and accessible. Even with all the people on the lake, we were the only ones there. Plenty of places to beach the boat at the end of the canyon and the hike in isn't too long.

Trix

Thanks for your comments. My son and a group are visiting there next week. Long haul from Wahweap, but these off spring from our LP gang haven't been there since they were kids.