Dangling Rope

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedElk

Does anyone know if fuel will be available at Dangling Rope in 2022?
Planning a trip to LP last week in April and fuel situation at Dangling Rope is key to itinerary planning.

Does anyone know if fuel will be available at Dangling Rope in 2022?
Planning a trip to LP last week in April and fuel situation at Dangling Rope is key to itinerary
Just to be a little more specific. In a Nov 24, 2021 interview with Billy Schott, Director of GCNRA, he said they are committed to having a mid lake fuel facility in 2022. Unless I missed it, there have been no reports of construction of such facility so it seems to me there is virtually no chance that it could be in operation by April. 😟

Unless he’s simply a pawn in a larger orbit, Shott can’t be trusted to follow through on decisions or communicate changes in his plans to the public. His south end record this past summer was very weak. His record thus far in 2022 for north end is looking worse. Maybe he’s just an easy target, but in a vacuum, one tries to get answers somewhere…anywhere. Carry extra gas and enjoy the solitude at mid-lake with so few people past Rock Creek going north, or beyond Annies going south, if you can launch up north

Lake Powell would be much better off if fees collected at the entrance stayed in the park and it was managed like a State Park for Arizona and Utah. Why do we need a massive, calcified, wrapped in red tape federal bureaucracy - please tell me what they bring to the table?
That ship has sailed. Well over 20 years ago now, ALL the fees collected, go into the General Fund in Washington, which then get dispersed at THEIR discretion. It's total crap.....but it's not changing.

That ship has sailed. Well over 20 years ago now, ALL the fees collected, go into the General Fund in Washington, which then get dispersed at THEIR discretion. It's total crap.....but it's not changing.
Au contraire Pierre (a.k.a. Lake Bum). When Barack Hussein shut down the government several years ago and actually spent money to prevent people from going to the national parks and monuments in Utah, the Utah state legislature actually appropriated money to run the national parks in Utah. I think they came quite close to pulling that trigger then the underlying problem was resolved

Unless he’s simply a pawn in a larger orbit, Shott can’t be trusted to follow through on decisions or communicate changes in his plans to the public. His south end record this past summer was very weak. His record thus far in 2022 for north end is looking worse. Maybe he’s just an easy target, but in a vacuum, one tries to get answers somewhere…anywhere. Carry extra gas and enjoy the solitude at mid-lake with so few people past Rock Creek going north, or beyond Annies going south, if you can launch up north
Dude. Give the guy a break. I never met the man but wow you come down on him hard. I assume this is after you have called and talked to him and not just ripping him in the blind? As far as I know he doesn’t control the lake levels and maybe in the dark a bit himself on what they will do. Could it be he is in a really tough position? Can’t be an easy job I’ll tell you that. Just my two cents partner.

Dude. Give the guy a break. I never met the man but wow you come down on him hard. I assume this is after you have called and talked to him and not just ripping him in the blind? As far as I know he doesn’t control the lake levels and maybe in the dark a bit himself on what they will do. Could it be he is in a really tough position? Can’t be an easy job I’ll tell you that. Just my two cents partner.
Well said!

Midlake enjoyed a tranquil balance this year with DR closed.

My vote is to leave it closed forever, making a spot on ther lake that calmness can be sought and found.

A fuel pump and an idiot wake boat owner ruins it for anyone within wake reach.

We enjoyed midlake last year and it was more calm than it has been in decades. All the idiot wake boat drivers still enjoyed operating without any respect to anyone, just closer to the pumps at each end of the lake leaving the center kinda quite.

Yep, Keep DR closed... Or restrict wakeboats above Padre.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back