• Friends: Please double-check the email address you have on file. Make sure that it is current and able to receive email. When our emails are rejected it can damage our ratings and slow down future deliveries.
    Thanks!

COVID-19 Vaccine Phase 1B Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meatwagon

I am located in Arizona. I registered my Step Mother this morning. She is 85 and in Phase 1B. I signed myself up (age 69), but no appointments are available yet.
Take a big dose of patience when you go, took my dad to the stadium this morning at 5:30 and he got his vaccine at 7:15. They gave us a card with date to return for the second shot,so we don't need to make a second appointment. It's a mental relief knowing that there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Last edited:

fastarget

We have registered as medical/dental providers but yet to be contacted. I think the local Health Dept. is overwhelmed and other facilities(hospitals etc) are not willing to go full out since they are not being compensated for their employees' time, and the administrative work required. This vaccination campaign is 10x larger than the flu vaccine, and will go faster if pharmacies, grocery stores and others are allowed to administer in CO. They have been allowed in TX for example.

TR.

We have registered as medical/dental providers but yet to be contacted. I think the local Health Dept. is overwhelmed and other facilities(hospitals etc) are not willing to go full out since they are not being compensated for their employees' time, and the administrative work required. This vaccination campaign is 10x larger than the flu vaccine, and will go faster if pharmacies, grocery stores and others are allowed to administer in CO. They have been allowed in TX for example.
They are indeed allowed to give vaccinations. It depends on your county and the amount of vaccine they are receiving. It also depends on how public health wants to distribute,

TR

David A Dexter

CDC recommended today that states include 65 and over as of tomorrow and that they eliminate pre-registrations. That means you can sign up and make an appointment at the same time, if your state agrees. Note that 80% of COVID deaths are 65 years of age and older. Registration can be frustration but keep at it, and you'll get it done. If you have an elderly parent, help them through the process. Tight lines - Dex

TR.

CDC recommended today that states include 65 and over as of tomorrow and that they eliminate pre-registrations. That means you can sign up and make an appointment at the same time, if your state agrees. Note that 80% of COVID deaths are 65 years of age and older. Registration can be frustration but keep at it, and you'll get it done. If you have an elderly parent, help them through the process. Tight lines - Dex

Polis has not gone to these recommendations yet however we are expecting an updated HAN shortly and part of it we think will be lowering the age. Depends on getting through all of 1a and part of 1b.

TR

Bill Sampson

Thanks Dex. Here in Prescott Arizona I have myself and my Stepmother registered with AZHD, but when I try to schedule her or myself for an appointment they have an open block on the form, which shows todays date, but when I try other dates, the site states that nothing is available.
Suggestions anyone?

Bill Sampson

Our the front page of our local paper in Prescott had an article stating that even if we were registered for the vaccine it could be months before we get the shots. It appears there is an acute shortage here. They still have not completed the phase 1A doses.

TR.

Our the front page of our local paper in Prescott had an article stating that even if we were registered for the vaccine it could be months before we get the shots. It appears there is an acute shortage here. They still have not completed the phase 1A doses.
Bill,

One thing I have learned since March, even more so since vaccine started coming out, is that things change day-to-day in the COVID world. Your county could unexpectedly get a few thousand doses and move fast. I don’t know the delivery method your PH agency has but my guess is they should at minimum be able to administer a few hundred per day and that should cover your 1a pretty darned fast. In Colorado the governor has tasked the health care systems with reviewing three years of patient interaction and identify those in the 1b high risk category. They are tasked with reaching out and lining up vaccinations, so you may even get a call from your health care provider to get in,line, but an informed consumer gets the early vaccine. Stay tuned and informed every day for those changes and you may get lucky and get a good jump. Hope this helps, sorry I don’t know more about your region.

TR

Last edited by a moderator:

Bill Sampson

Bill,

One thing I have learned since March, even more so since vaccine started coming out, is that things change day-to-day in the COVID world. Your county could unexpectedly get a few thousand doses and move fast. I don’t know the delivery method your PH agency has but my guess is they should at minimum be able to administer a few hundred per day and that should cover your 1a pretty darned fast. In Colorado the governor has tasked the health care systems with reviewing three years of patient interaction and identify those in the 1b high risk category. They are tasked with reaching out and lining up vaccinations, so you may even get a call from your health care provider to get in,line, but an informed consumer gets the early vaccine. Stay tuned and informed every day for those changes and you may get lucky and get a good jump. Hope this helps, sorry I don’t know more about your region.

TR
Thanks TR. The paper this morning mentioned that now Phase 1B is years 65 and over. I will check back with our providers. I appreciate the information.

Status
Not open for further replies.