Corn Salsa - Ken Creta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken Creta

Ok for you guys who appreciate good salsa but want something a bit different I will share a special recipe. It is based on a couple of others but tweeked to my taste. I bring it to the office once in awhile and nothing goes as quickly. It is not expensive and is easy---what more could you ask for.

INGREDIENTS
1 lb of frozen corn niblets
1 plastic containers of grape tomatoes
2 jalepenios (SP)
1/2 red onion
2 limes
bunch of fresh cilantro
virgin olive oil

THIS IS THE KEY. Carmelize the corn by putting it in a large frying pan with a little olive oil on med high heat. Don't stir it for a while. You want the corn to turn from bright yellow to a carmel color which changes the starch to sugar!!!! Put it in a large bowl to cool.
Cut the grape tomatoes in 1/2 but don't squish em. Put in bowl. After removing seeds and white membrane from the jalapeno peppers finely dice and put in bowl. Rough cut a hand full of cilanto and throw it in the bowl. Dice the red onion to a medium size and throw it in the bowl. Squeeze the 2 limes into the bowl and mix. You will come up with your own proportions depending on your taste but that is what makes it yours. You can serve it with chips at a party or as a veggie at dinner. I have done both and everyone just gobbles it up. Try it and let me know what you think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back