Camping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lovepowell

Heading to the lake next weekend and I know this question gets asked often but.. Can anyone give advice on good camping spots with the current water level? We will be starting at the south end of the lake and are willing to go as far as Rock Creek area.

Thanks in advance!!!

Regal95

We just got back from our camping trip. I thought our best spots were in Neanderthal Cove and Rock Creek. Other great spots out there for sure, but almost all were taken. I don't know if the lake seemed more crowded this week, or we just have fewer beaches to choose from due to the rising water levels. We couldn't find a darn thing between Rainbow Bridge and Bullfrog. We saw houseboats up that way just anchored up to rock walls, really no beach at all in some spots. Hate to say it, but as someone who camps, and does not houseboat, I like 3610 a heck of a lot better than 3635. Seems like a lot more sandy beach out there with the lower levels.

My information is now two weeks old. but we had a great anchorage on the western shore of Friendship Cove. West Canyon looked busy, but the Rock Creeks had a couple spots available.

Good luck!

Lovepowell

Thanks for the advice, I really appreciate it. Sounds like we will be heading toward the Rock Creek area again this time. BTW, I've been a member here for many years and since the recent change, my profile says new member. How do I change that?

GregC

Thanks for the advice, I really appreciate it. Sounds like we will be heading toward the Rock Creek area again this time. BTW, I've been a member here for many years and since the recent change, my profile says new member. How do I change that?

It counts how many times you post messages. Just post more, it'll change!

GregC

Status
Not open for further replies.