Camping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chriswy

Hello all,

I have a large family and we usually use a wall tent for our camping. My question is there any places to set up this type of camp any where around the lake that we could drive to?

Thanks

Squirrel

Your only option in that area is Stanton Creek campground. It is about a 6 mile drive from the pavement to get you next to the water. The turnoff to Stanton is just inside the park check station on your left. If you want more info, just ask. I assume you are coming from WY. If so, Bullfrog is your closest option. What are you driving? Sq

Chriswy

Yes we would be coming from Wyoming and i was thinking bullfrog. We would either be in a pickup truck or a yukon and pulling a boat

PowellBride

If you're willing to boat your gear to your camping spot, you could set up on the beach in Bullfrog or Halls. Be sure to check requirements for having a port-a-potty

Squirrel

Yes we would be coming from Wyoming and i was thinking bullfrog. We would either be in a pickup truck or a yukon and pulling a boat
You wouldn't have any problem getting to the lake with either vehicle. I bring my 24' RV there often. It is only a 10 min. ride from the launch ramp to Stanton by boat. I leave my boat trailer in the parking area at the top of Stanton. With a wall tent you may be better off going down the (4x4 road), on the West side of Stanton as there are more flatter, sandy ground areas to set up the tent. The North side is pretty rocky.
Like PowellBride said, you will need a Porta-potty. They can get picky about that. Sq

BartsPlace

Staff member
Stanton has several (usually well-maintained) NPS-provided toilets available. Depending on water level, you may be able to camp close enough to one of them (within 200 yards) to not be required to have a porta-potty of your own. I've done this several times.

Status
Not open for further replies.