Buzzards

Status
Not open for further replies.

KYKevin

Keeper of San Juan Secrets
Wayne, I have to know. Did they attack you? They looked like they may be into some ritual for mating, just a thought, some bird's do.
Have a good one.
KyKevin

No they often stand that way and hold their wings out to cool off or some say to move parasites to a spot there they can pick them off with their beak. That is the first time I had seen them do this on the shores of Lake Powell.

I was kidding by the way...

Last edited:
The only potential danger from these birds would be if they knocked rocks down on you from above. We had a crow in White Canyon land above us and start working on a fish carcass. In the process some small rocks came tumbling down to the water. We saw this behavior in Farley during a rainstorm a few years ago, taking a shower and getting all those feathers clean.

The only potential danger from these birds would be if they knocked rocks down on you from above. We had a crow in White Canyon land above us and start working on a fish carcass. In the process some small rocks came tumbling down to the water. We saw this behavior in Farley during a rainstorm a few years ago, taking a shower and getting all those feathers clean.

The Crows in Farley have a higher IQ than a lot of people I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back