Bullfrog Slurps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishin-Fool

Launched in Bullfrog at daylight this morning. Ran up as far as Cedar Canyon fishing for walleye and black bass. Only two Smallmouth were caught before noon.
We decided to change things up and fish the slurps that were abundant all the way from BF Bay up to the mouth of Cedar Canyon.
If stopped anywhere in the main channel, you could look around and see a slurp within your field of view. Groups of 5-10 stripers all the way up to groups of 50 stripers.
Most of the slurps only allowed for one or two casts to be made, but we did get into one that lasted for around 10 minutes! :)
We found that white and chartreuse curly tail grubs worked the best when working over the slurps.

Screen Shot 2017-06-14 at 7.29.54 PM.png
Notice the second slurp Just to the right and past the Buoy!

IMG_8230.JPG

I saw a few last weekend just north of Halls but by the time I shut the engine and coasted close enough to cast, they disappeared :(

Beck

Question for ya. How was the water condition up by cedar canyon? Debris? Gonna be down there next week and would love to know!

Fishin-Fool

Question for ya. How was the water condition up by cedar canyon? Debris? Gonna be down there next week and would love to know!
There was some Debris in the water, nothing you can't dodge though! You do need to pay attention when at cruising speeds.
There were people skiing/wakeboarding up there, so its not enough to keep you from playing/fishing!
Water is a little stained, but not muddy by any means!

Last edited by a moderator:

Beck

There was some Debris in the water, nothing you can't dodge though! You do need to pay attention when at causing speeds.
There were people skiing/wakeboarding up there, so its not enough to keep you from playing/fishing!
Water is a little stained, but not muddy by any means!
I appreciate that! Thanks for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.