• Friends: Please double-check the email address you have on file. Make sure that it is current and able to receive email. When our emails are rejected it can damage our ratings and slow down future deliveries.
    Thanks!

Bullfrog Moving?

Heard a rumor this weekend down at Bullfrog, that if water stays low, there will be drastic changes to the Bullfrog marina area.
As it was said to me: moving rentals and fuel to directly out in front of the main ramp, and possibly moving most of what’s left over to Halls!?

**** Oh and watch out for the whale at the corner of bullfrog house boat field, straight out from bullfrog main ramp, right before the main channel. It scared the hell out of us in low light.

Burning Daylight

Heard a rumor this weekend down at Bullfrog, that if water stays low, there will be drastic changes to the Bullfrog marina area.
As it was said to me: moving rentals and fuel to directly out in front of the main ramp, and possibly moving most of what’s left over to Halls!?

**** Oh and watch out for the whale at the corner of bullfrog house boat field, straight out from bullfrog main ramp, right before the main channel. It scared the hell out of us in low light.
Is Bullfrog open for launching your boat?

PowellBride

SITE/LAUNCH NAMEMINIMUM SAFE
ELEVATION
ABSOLUTE MINIMUM
USABLE ELEVATION
CURRENT LEVEL VS.
ABSOLUTE MINIMUM
CURRENT ACCESSIBILITY
Halls Crossing Launch3550.003548.0014.86 AboveOpen and Usable
Wahweap3558.003556.006.86 AboveOpen and Usable
Bullfrog (Main Launch)3578.003576.0013.14 BelowUnusable, go to main marinas
Castle Rock Cut-Off3583.003580.0017.14 BelowUnusable, use Main Channel
Antelope Point3588.003587.0024.14 BelowUnusable, go to main marinas
Dominguez Butte Cut-Off3602.003600.0037.14 BelowUnusable, go to main marinas
Gunsight to Padre Bay Cut-Off3613.003609.0046.14 BelowUnusable, go to main marinas
Hite Marina3650.003645.0082.14 BelowUnusable, go to main marinas
Farley Canyon3653.003649.0086.14 BelowUnusable, go to main marinas
Copper Canyon3663.003660.0097.14 BelowUnusable, go to main marinas
Bullfrog to Halls Creek Cut-Off3670.003668.00105.14 BelowUnusable, use Main Channel
Piute Farms3682.003680.00117.14 Below

svivian

Unfortunately the chart does not list the North Ramp, only the Main Ramp. The North Ramp is the one by Exec. Services and the Ferry Dock.
The short answer is no one really knows and its not documented anywhere. Rumor is between 3545 and 3555 mentioned on other threads on here but hopefully we wont have to confirm this information.....

Last edited:

Kevin G

I find that old chart on the Water Database to be pretty much useless. About 3/4 of the measurements they provide are for destinations or landmarks that have been bone dry for so many years that there's probably getting to be only a small population of people who even know what they are or where they are talking about. I doubt too many people are making plans this year on when they are going to be using the Bullfrog-to-Halls Creek cutoff when the lake comes up 105 feet. Would be nice if it had more relevant measurements like State Line Ramp, Bullfrog North Ramp, Antelope Point Valet Ramp - things that might actually impact how/where people will be boating in 2021.

Ed_on_WD

Adding the new weather station links was definitely a plus for a lot of people on this board. I would like to thank our moderator for adding them so quickly after it was suggested.

I would like to second Kevin's proposal that water level numbers for the State Line, Bullfrog North, and Antelope Point Valet ramps be included. This is a change that will provide needed information in this time of low water and reduced launching options.

BartsPlace

Staff member
As far as I understand, the water-data.com site and operation are a "labor of love" enterprise - much like this site. They provide a valuable service for free relying on data that has to be gleaned from several sources. And, in at least the case of Lake Powell water temperatures, the data has to be hand-entered (by Wayne, no less). So maybe we can cut them a little slack. I would guess that if someone could provide them with authoritative answers to the questions about usable water levels for the non-listed ramps, they would likely include them.

In my opinion, it's important to continue to list all of the ramps, cuts, and accesses, regardless of usability, due to the fact that there are many maps, magazine articles, and online resources that still reference a marina at Hite, for example. Leaving that ramp on the list can only help people who may have misguidedly had the intention to start their Lake Powell adventure from that end of the lake.

Finally, our goal on WW is to host a community - not an authoritative source of anything - but instead a place where people can post their experiences, strategies, and opinions on all things Lake Powell (within reason). As such, we prefer to point people to authoritative info rather than duplicate it (because things change).

Just my .02

:)

Ed_on_WD

Per Barts suggestion, I went to Water-Data.com and offered my suggestion to add the 3 ramps that are currently in use but not listed.

I have no knowledge of the actual depths of the Bullfrog Executive or Wahweap Stateline ramps. But I did offer what I was told by the new manager of Antelope Point Dry Storage, that Antelope Point Valet ramp was capable of houseboat launch and retrieval down to a lake level of 3,550 feet.

Perhaps someone who knows the accurate info on the minimum operating depths of those other two ramps could make contact, and we might see those numbers added.

Last edited:

wayne gustaveson

Staff member
As far as I understand, the water-data.com site and operation are a "labor of love" enterprise - much like this site. They provide a valuable service for free relying on data that has to be gleaned from several sources. And, in at least the case of Lake Powell water temperatures, the data has to be hand-entered (by Wayne, no less). So maybe we can cut them a little slack. I would guess that if someone could provide them with authoritative answers to the questions about usable water levels for the non-listed ramps, they would likely include them.

In my opinion, it's important to continue to list all of the ramps, cuts, and accesses, regardless of usability, due to the fact that there are many maps, magazine articles, and online resources that still reference a marina at Hite, for example. Leaving that ramp on the list can only help people who may have misguidedly had the intention to start their Lake Powell adventure from that end of the lake.

Finally, our goal on WW is to host a community - not an authoritative source of anything - but instead a place where people can post their experiences, strategies, and opinions on all things Lake Powell (within reason). As such, we prefer to point people to authoritative info rather than duplicate it (because things change).

Just my .02

:)
Thanks Bart for adding your insight. We provide as much information as possible and then rely on the members to add their perspective. After this season we will have a much better understanding of which ramps will be in use. We will add more information as it becomes available.

Dworwood

I posted on another thread that an older gentleman with executive services told me last Saturday that the north ramp was good down to 3555 which is the same as Halls. That is the first time I have heard a number for that ramp. I did graph a drop off or big bump in that ramp while unloading and then it looked to continue flat. I guess we will see in a few weeks.

Richard

The older gentlemen was likely Captain Whitey --

On another note I'm launching on Tuesday -- the real dilemma may be in the fall during retrieval (I usually wait until November) -- not sure how far in the trucks will go to retrieve -- this could get dicey -- will just have to watch