• Friends: Please double-check the email address you have on file. Make sure that it is current and able to receive email. When our emails are rejected it can damage our ratings and slow down future deliveries.
    Thanks!

Bullfrog executive dock repaired?

John P Funk

This kind of damage is completely unacceptable. Any team of highly paid Engineers, walking the docks every other week could have seen that the wind was going to blow at sub-100 mph and obviously the attachments would fail at that particular spot. It's all about preventive maintenance and building to nuclear reactor standards. Just spend the money Aramark!!!!

broski

Oy! That’s my boat on the right. Looks like we may be asking for a rebate as this may not be considered a covered slip any longer.
Ummmm, Canoe, is yours the white one with red accents, or the white with blue? Because if it's the white with red, you may want to look closer at that picture...the vertical supports, and even the dock itself, looks as if it's resting on the side of that boat!!! Hope it's just the camera angle, but darn , this musta been a doozy!

Last edited by a moderator:

thebigcanoe

Ummmm, Canoe, is yours the white one with red accents, or the white with blue? Because if it's the white with red, you may want to look closer at that picture...the vertical supports, and even the dock itself, looks as if it's resting on the side of that boat!!! Hope it's just the camera angle, but damn , this musta been a doozy!
I’m with the white and blue HB Summer Daze.
In the fall we had to lift the corrugated metal roof off the boat to get it out. In April the cover extension ripped off. I talked to Capn Whitey about getting it repaired. He said not in this lifetime. Now it looks like the J dock where we used to be when they hauled it out last year. This is a poorly engineered design with very little cross bracing to withstand LP microbursts. But where else do you slip the boat?
I’m really not sure what the money goes to when we pay our slip fees.

broski

I’m with the white and blue HB Summer Daze.
In the fall we had to lift the corrugated metal roof off the boat to get it out. In April the cover extension ripped off. I talked to Capn Whitey about getting it repaired. He said not in this lifetime. Now it looks like the J dock where we used to be when they hauled it out last year. This is a poorly engineered design with very little cross bracing to withstand LP microbursts. But where else do you slip the boat?
I’m really not sure what the money goes to when we pay our slip fees.
I hear that! My in-laws (before they outright sold the houseboat), finally just moved out to a buoy, and then dry storage, because power was out, or water was out, or breakwater were coming loose and hammering the heck outta things, roofs were flying off, etc...

I know it's aging infrastructure and under a lot of strain right now, but 150'ish boats at $700-$1500 a month plus yearly maintenance fees, has to go somewhere!

thebigcanoe

This kind of damage is completely unacceptable. Any team of highly paid Engineers, walking the docks every other week could have seen that the wind was going to blow at sub-100 mph and obviously the attachments would fail at that particular spot. It's all about preventive maintenance and building to nuclear reactor standards. Just spend the money Aramark!!!!
That’s the problem. They have low paid “engineers” that don’t have time or funding to repair the older docks.