Bullfrog Debris

Status
Not open for further replies.

nzaugg

Just got back from the lake last night. I wanted to warn, there is a massive amount of debris in Bullfrog right now, starting from the launch ramp all the way to the channel. Logs are everywhere and there are accumulations of brown vegetation debris that will plug your sea strainer if you aren't careful. At the inspection station when I pulled the strainer there was a huge pile of the vegetation and ours was no different. I hit 2-3 different logs along the way in/out and our PWC wound up with some debris in the impeller or screen that fortunately cleared as we towed it over to the houseboat.

Other than that, it was absolutely beautiful from Thursday to Saturday with warm water, air temps around 80 and lots of sun. Headed down to 50-mile to see Gregory Natural Bridge and hiked into the Cathedral on Friday. Made our way up to Warm Springs on Saturday. Gas pumps are only open from 9-4 and it will get even more sparse after 10/31. Saw a lot of Bass boats, with fishermen outnumbering those of us in wake boats at least 2:1. Halls Crossing was extremely quiet, though one boat was playing music until just after 10 each night. There appear to be a lot of slips that have been abandoned or are no longer being rented. The snack shack looked like it never opened and at all the stores you have to go to the marina office for entry.

This place is way too spectacular. I wish it were about 4 hours closer! Maybe it's time to move the Hanksville. The Duke Burgers were incredible once again.

BartsPlace

Staff member
Those big storms a couple weeks ago really washed a lot of stuff into the lake. Unfortunately, it takes a long time to clear back out. On the slips comment, I know a lot of houseboat owners that wanted to get their boats out before losing use of the ramp - some for repairs, some that regularly winter in dry dock.

Glad you had a great trip!

nzaugg

Those big storms a couple weeks ago really washed a lot of stuff into the lake. Unfortunately, it takes a long time to clear back out. On the slips comment, I know a lot of houseboat owners that wanted to get their boats out before losing use of the ramp - some for repairs, some that regularly winter in dry dock.

Glad you had a great trip!
I was just really surprised at the number of empty slips, particularly on A dock. There were no dock boxes, fenders, etc. that would indicate that anyone was renting the slip on 75% of the slips. This is the first time I have been to Halls in the fall and hadn't seen anything like it at Bullfrog when we were over there. On G dock, where our houseboat is, the slips are all occupied or have dock boxes present. Only one looked like it was completely abandoned. Our ownership group has regularly pulled the boat for some repairs during winter (usually for less than a month), but will not do so this winter since there is concern about getting it back on in a timely manner.

Dean Mc

Ha Ha Spent the last night of our weeklong tour in Bullfrog to pump out and get fuel.
Needed to winterize the houseboat so had to go swimming in "soup" under the boat to open the drain valves. Water was warm but that stuff will get in your swimsuit really quick. TMI I know. Hated to pull the plug .. Perfect weather. End of the season for the owners.

Status
Not open for further replies.