Blue Notch ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mildog

I am not sure, but from what I saw on the White access road and Farley road, it could be pretty rough. Grader was fixing Farley road this Monday morning as we left.
Not sure what other road they may work on??

KYKevin

We talked with the grader operator, and he was going to grade the blue notch road, we talked to him on March 19th. That was before the big rain storm. So he would of had to grade it again, after the storm. But he acted like he was going to keep them up, and he had regraded the Farley road, Monday the 25th. I cant tell you for sure on the Blue notch road, but I can tell you the Farley is graded.

Mildog

Yep He was working on it as we left for home on Monday the 25th, we had wait for a good spot to pass him on the way out.

Mildog

I just Hiked in to White, it was super muddy. I tried to catch something for about and hour nothing. As I mentioned earlier it was so muddy that I could only see a chartreuse grub about an inch under the surface. I did not make it all the back to the water at Farley, I don't think you could get a boat in there at this water level.
There was a van with Kayaks that drove down the road they came back out about an hour later with the Kayaks still tied on top ??
My wife and I were returning home from Picking up our new camper we got it at the manufacturer in Longmont. Lots of snow in the mountains and even in the lower flats along the drive. The Rockies, Henrys, La Sals and Abajo were loaded up. Hopefully when it melts and makes it into Lake Powell we will be able to get into those canyons by boat and most likely launch there this fall. Crossing fingers for even more snow rain this spring.

Kurt Douglas

Is that road marked? I tried to find it a few weeks ago. I took two different roads past the White canyon sign but didn't continue. I am wondering if I was on the right ones?

Bugle1965

Is that road marked? I tried to find it a few weeks ago. I took two different roads past the White canyon sign but didn't continue. I am wondering if I was on the right ones?
I usually come from the Blanding side. No, It's not marked. But if you are coming from Hite area I believe its the first right after white canyon. I found it years ago by going to google maps and tracing it out from Good Hope bay. The road just keeps going up and up and then up to Blue Notch. Then you are home free.

Kurt Douglas

I think I was on that, several sever switchbacks? I was doing fine in my Colorado but decided I would never take a boat up that road anyway so I turned around. Guess I should have kept going. Coming from Colorado, is it closer to come in from the Blanding side?

Bugle1965

I think I was on that, several sever switchbacks? I was doing fine in my Colorado but decided I would never take a boat up that road anyway so I turned around. Guess I should have kept going. Coming from Colorado, is it closer to come in from the Blanding side?
Sounds like you found it. ;) I think its about the same either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.