Blue notch road

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capt. Ron

has anyone here been down blue notch road? Looks like it takes you to the water,was wondering how far from asphalt to lake and how rough it is?

Dungee Fishing

I had the exact miles down at one point but pulling a boat takes around hour and a half. For what the road is its actually and usually in decent shape, there is a steep incline and accent, mixed with some washes that change from year to year to get to water.

Squirrel

Preston, does 13 miles sound about right? I haven't driven it, but have charted it on Google Earth multiple times. Sq

Dungee Fishing

Preston, does 13 miles sound about right? I haven't driven it, but have charted it on Google Earth multiple times. Sq
Yes, right around that. I wish the old site was still up, lots of good blue notch info there. Its actually a county road so it does get grated annually. For a few years now my plan was to make a video of the entire length of the road and where to go to launch etc... life is busy.

Capt. Ron

Can you launch a 18' deep v , or is it hand launch small boat deal? Hows the fishing over there?

Dungee Fishing

Can you launch a 18' deep v , or is it hand launch small boat deal? Hows the fishing over there?
The fishing is the only reason its worth the drive ha. Best area on the lake IMO. Launching varies depending on the water level (new areas to launch, clay/mud give way to more rocky areas etc.), if Hite is usable I'd highly prefer using that instead. But yes, we launched our old 17' fiberglass Crestliner there many times.

Dorado

That depends how crazy you are! I think it would be pretty darned hard to get a boat of that size down there. The fishing can be excellent.

Dorado

The fishing is the only reason its worth the drive ha. Best area on the lake IMO. Launching varies depending on the water level (new areas to launch, clay/mud give way to more rocky areas etc.), if Hite is usable I'd highly prefer using that instead. But yes, we launched our old 17' fiberglass Crestliner there many times.
I am guessing you would not take your new boat down that road ;)

GTH

Used to go down and camp right on the lake, loved it. However it its about 13 miles does take an hour and a half. We had a 14ft lund, no problem usually launching it, depending on water level, now we have a 18.5 ft lund and as much as we loved camping right on the water, you may want to drive down there first before you take your boat.

K&M

We were there last July and that would be my choice.I would not want to take my 17 ft. tracker down that road.If you meet someone coming the other way it could be a little dicey.But I am just an old farmboy!

Kurt Douglas

I am planning to come down for some maintainence on the houseboat. I have never been on the Blue Notch road. I am thinking about coming down a day early, driving down the road and maybe shore fishing for anything that bites. Would it be worth the drive for a few hours of fishing and how long to you think it would take to drive it without pulling a boat?

Dungee Fishing

I am planning to come down for some maintainence on the houseboat. I have never been on the Blue Notch road. I am thinking about coming down a day early, driving down the road and maybe shore fishing for anything that bites. Would it be worth the drive for a few hours of fishing and how long to you think it would take to drive it without pulling a boat?
It’s a really cool area and fun dirt road, but I wouldn’t say the fishing itself this time of year would make it worth it? If you’re not conservative and have no boat it should take less than an hour?

bobco

been down it once to meet some friends down there, interesting stuff along the way. Old home sites. turns out that area was a big area for Uranium ore exploration in WWII. hard to believe people lived out there

Status
Not open for further replies.