• Friends: Please double-check the email address you have on file. Make sure that it is current and able to receive email. When our emails are rejected it can damage our ratings and slow down future deliveries.
    Thanks!

Blizzard

Dougie

Snow water database for Lake Powell shows drainages up to 86% of normal water equivalent for today. Jumped up from the upper 70s last week, so one storm can really help. We need 4-5 more

Dougie

Last spring we were 109% on 4/1 but inflow to Powell was a disaster because dry soils soaked it all up before it got into the Colorado or into the San Juan.

Last edited by a moderator:

fishfry

Closed low with a northerly track . Kinda missed us down south besides you guys in t ride and of course wolf .. we will take all we can get. Still a ways below average. My homies in Idaho springs and evergreen got around 4 feet !
I grew up in I.S.

Reactions: Jwc

Outside

Closed low with a northerly track . Kinda missed us down south besides you guys in t ride and of course wolf .. we will take all we can get. Still a ways below average. My homies in Idaho springs and evergreen got around 4 feet !
My folks used to live way up above Evergreen on jefco line and those upslope storms can be biblical!

Cutter99

OK, now that the Blizzard is over, time to really hijack this thread!:) I'm a Colorado guy, front range in FTC.
With all the talk of snow falling more on the East side, or West side of the divide, It made me wonder how many diversions there are (tunnels going from west to east) that carry water to the front range. I heard at one time there were 9, but I can't confirm or deny. Seems high.
So that's a lot of water... Makes me wonder how much of a difference that makes in the grand scheme of the Colorado river.
Any water experts want to put in a guess? And can anyone confirm the number of diversions?

Havalina

I think that Arizona and parts of California need to follow El Paso’s lead and up their use of closed looped recycled water for at least one pass.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jwc

Todd

Yep my guys ran fiber through all those tunnels for control systems about 10-12 years ago. There is also the Grizzly tunnel on independence pass that flows east under the divide.

Squirrel

I’m on Cedar, I’ve got all the signs on the garage. How did you know? I guess that boat won’t be going out for a while. Sq

Attachments

• 60BD0162-0B59-4D4E-854E-E718587B5D3C.jpeg
    60BD0162-0B59-4D4E-854E-E718587B5D3C.jpeg
    594.6 KB · Views: 36
Last edited: