• Friends: Please double-check the email address you have on file. Make sure that it is current and able to receive email. When our emails are rejected it can damage our ratings and slow down future deliveries.
    Thanks!

Basic Quagga Information Please.

BobT

Hello all. Not new here but been gone for a long time. Remember the WW Champaign bottles Wayne?

Anyway, having trouble finding much info. on what to expect other than the basics at the ramp. I expect to end trips on a weekday to avoid Sunday jam ups at the ramp. What I'm curious about is the few days in between when I may be pulling out every evening to motel in Page or there at the resort. If you're coming back for a few days in a row is the inspection modified? And what about if you are sent to private decontamination? How much $$ is that (19' outboard deck boat)? Can a person be stuck for days waiting for a spot?

It's amazing to me how hard it is to find some of this basic information. None of the Page based decontaminators have active phones. Any current contact information for any of them? And what's up with the decon. stops on the way home? Can a person end up getting decon. at the AZ. Utah, Idaho stops all in one trip? Or do you get some kind of cert. to show at following checks?

Thanks in Advance

BobT

Of course, after I post I find Wayne's post with a DWR phone number and info. about relaunch. But anyone that wants to converse about this and ease my anxiety about the unknown is greatly appreciated.

wayne gustaveson

Staff member
You don't have to decon on your first or second day. Just notify the ramp technicians which day you will pull out and then they will inspect the boat to see if mussels are present. Even then it only takes 5-10 minutes unless they find a mussel on your anchor or another hidden spot.

4LOJO

I just returned home today from Wahweap got decon this morning. I contacted Clement Wasicek cell number 435-592-9723 you can get his card when you go through the pre launch inspection. He's a good guy he'll take care of you.

Last edited:

BobT

I just returned home today from Wahweap got decon this morning. I contacted Clement Wasicek cell number 435-592-9723 you can get his card when you go through the pre launch inspection. He's a good guy he'll take care of you.
Thank you. Do you have any idea of the cost if you get sent to a commercial operation? I understand that the one on the ramp (I believe with Clement) is free?

4LOJO

I don't know about the cost and I don't know why they would send you somewhere else? It is free plus you can get a fishing report while you wait how can you beat that? It's located behind the gas station right before the pre launch inspection. I'm sure Clement would be more than willing to answer any questions you have. Enjoy your trip.

BobT

Just talked with him. Such a friendly and informative guy! Thanks. Looking forward to our coming trip the week before Memorial Day.