Anyone see this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is super cool Peto I can see the shadow < i think my google map is from 2013 ,its been out there for a long time

1606240273210.gif

If anything, shadows are longer (and thus more distinct) in the second image. So who owns the land there? It's south and east of the Canyonlands Nat Park boundary. I assume it's BLM land. Highly doubt it's private property. If it's government land, is it OK to bring in motorized vehicles, clear off brush, dig a huge post hole, drop the monolith into cement, and smooth the soil over the top again? It has to be dug at least 2 feet into the ground to withstand wind, and in the video from the news article, the Utah State Employees climbed up to look at the top of it without tipping it over. I can't imagine it's totally hollow, and even if it's titanium, it must weigh at the very least a couple hundred pounds. This monolith sure wasn't carried in by some backpackers or on horseback, and that box canyon floor sure wasn't cleared out by hand rakes and hoes. I'm sure there are other questions I've not thought of....

If anything, shadows are longer (and thus more distinct) in the second image. So who owns the land there? It's south and east of the Canyonlands Nat Park boundary. I assume it's BLM land. Highly doubt it's private property. If it's government land, is it OK to bring in motorized vehicles, clear off brush, dig a huge post hole, drop the monolith into cement, and smooth the soil over the top again? It has to be dug at least 2 feet into the ground to withstand wind, and in the video from the news article, the Utah State Employees climbed up to look at the top of it without tipping it over. I can't imagine it's totally hollow, and even if it's titanium, it must weigh at the very least a couple hundred pounds. This monolith sure wasn't carried in by some backpackers or on horseback, and that box canyon floor sure wasn't cleared out by hand rakes and hoes. I'm sure there are other questions I've not thought of....
It was assembled on site. Interior structure drilled into the rock with SS panels riveted to the gussets...

... if you look on the maps, there is a trail near by.

Diesel Bros taking selfies

Login • Instagram

Two articles local news (including Diesel Brothers)

I found it :

38.34307872356567, -109.66618517487495

You can see the thing on google earth
and it wasn't on the map Aug 2015...it came sometime after that
and before Oct 2016
How in the world did you find it/know where to look? Very impressed.

The trail nearby is Lockhart Basin, it is my very favorite jeep trail because of the remoteness and beauty of the scenery. You can go from Moab to Needles this way, it takes about 6 hours. All BLM, you don't want to breakdown out there. You probably won't see anyone else while on this trail. The north end of the trail goes up a rough canyon and requires a non-stock vehicle.

If you combine this trail with Elephant Hill in the Needles, you can get from Moab to Hite the 'back way', with only a few miles on pavement.

Combine that with a trip into the Maze and you have a most epic journey. I might post some pix.

pretty rad, besides them drilling into Rock to set it, seems like poor form for a most modern art hippy.... spend Enough time in the BC and you will find strange things from 20000 years of civilization in NA .. I’ve found 5 alters in the BC around here .. all several miles from roads or trails.. pretty cool also unnerving as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dougie, my thoughts exactly--there is a square-ish drainage behind the monolith. I would love to see that place in full flood, water crashing down through that slot, and splitting in half around the monolith. You could stand on the backside of the monolith safely, while water streamed by on both sides of you. Of course, it would be tricky getting there if the wash is running, and then how long you'd have to stand there while the water streamed by....

Tiff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back