• Friends: Please double-check the email address you have on file. Make sure that it is current and able to receive email. When our emails are rejected it can damage our ratings and slow down future deliveries.
    Thanks!

Antelope Point short term slip rental

JBell

Our family decided to take a quick jaunt to Lake Powell next week and we are just trying to explore options to keep our boat in the water rather than launching and retrieving every day we are there. Anyone have an empty slip that you would be willing to rent to us short term?We have a 23' tow boat. We will be there June 16-21. Thanks.

Ed_on_WD

Antelope has rental slip behind the restaurant, with potable water and 30 amp power hook ups. They are 13 feet wide by 30 feet long. Cal them at (928) 645-5900 ext 5065.

There are 15 free slips in front of the restaurant, first come, first served, but I wouldn't count on them being available during "peak season", and there are no hook ups.

JBell

Antelope has rental slip behind the restaurant, with potable water and 30 amp power hook ups. They are 13 feet wide by 30 feet long. Cal them at (928) 645-5900 ext 5065.

There are 15 free slips in front of the restaurant, first come, first served, but I wouldn't count on them being available during "peak season", and there are no hook ups.
Looking at the online reservation system for the short term slips it looks like they are all full for the time we will be there. The first come first serve is plan C if nobody has anything here that would work. Plan D is to just launch every day which is fine if we aren't able to figure anything else out.

Ed_on_WD

Our family decided to take a quick jaunt to Lake Powell next week and we are just trying to explore options to keep our boat in the water rather than launching and retrieving every day we are there. Anyone have an empty slip that you would be willing to rent to us short term?We have a 23' tow boat. We will be there June 16-21. Thanks.
My wife reminded me that the slip lease agreements forbid a lease holder from renting out or subletting their slip.

When we load our gear onto carts to get it down to our houseboat, all we have to do is tell them the name of our boat, and the cart drivers head straight to it. The Antelope Marina personnel know exactly when boats are scheduled to be coming or going, and they know what boats belong in what slips. One of the things that the security staff does is to match boat names with slip numbers, so unauthorized boats are spotted ASAP.

A slip lease holder would be in violation of their contract if they were to "help you out".

I'm not trying to be a wet blanket, but I've seen posts from other first timers who thought about just "grabbing an empty slip", and I've got to say that it is not a good idea.

JBell

My wife reminded me that the slip lease agreements forbid a lease holder from renting out or subletting their slip.

When we load our gear onto carts to get it down to our houseboat, all we have to do is tell them the name of our boat, and the cart drivers head straight to it. The Antelope Marina personnel know exactly when boats are scheduled to be coming or going, and they know what boats belong in what slips. One of the things that the security staff does is to match boat names with slip numbers, so unauthorized boats are spotted ASAP.

A slip lease holder would be in violation of their contract if they were to "help you out".

I'm not trying to be a wet blanket, but I've seen posts from other first timers who thought about just "grabbing an empty slip", and I've got to say that it is not a good idea.
Thanks for the info. Definitely wasn't planning on grabbing an empty slip unless it is one of the first come first serve spots by the restaurant. Looks like we will just launch and retrieve every day. Not a problem.

uwhusky

If you know of a slip that's empty and they give you permission to park there, I don't think there's any harm. I've done this plenty of times but I know or am aware the owner is out on the lake and have received the OK to park my boat in their slip at night. Nobody at the marina asks me a thing. I just launch my boat and at night I park it in the slip. I think once a dock worker asked me if I was with the boat that regularly moored there and I just said "yes" and they went on about their way.

I'm in the same boat (pun intended). I'm going down in July and would like to leave my boat in the marina at night. I think I know a couple of people with houseboats who will be out though and I'll talk with them.

uwhusky

In fact, once I was with a houseboat that moored there and we came back and a wakeboard boat was parked in their slip. We just untied it and move it to another nearby slip. Wasn't any big deal but it could've been if there wasn't another empty slip nearby.

Ed_on_WD

It is hard to argue with success, but I've been yelled at by marina personnel for having my Wave Runners tied in an empty slip next to my houseboat while I was prepping the winches to pull the PWCs up on the ramps on the back of the houseboat. Yes, we were on the "Turn Around" side of the restaurant (the same side as the rentals), and maybe they had a boat coming in shortly, but they sure seemed to have a "zero tolerance" attitude.

It was during the end of September, when things were slower. I can only think that things would be worse now, during "peak season".

Last edited:

JCR

I agree with Ed....Yes I understand that it seems harmless to just park there because a slip is empty at the moment...

Until the pilot is trying to bring your houseboat into it's paid-for slip and there's a wakeboat tied up there, and we have the typical afternoon windstorm going on...let me tell you it's not fun having someone jump off and move that wakeboat in a windstorm so that the pilot can park your houseboat in it's rightful slip. Please don't park in slips that you don't rent.

uwhusky

Technically or legally speaking, however, if you are friends with a slip renter and that slip renter takes their houseboat out on the lake and also gives you permission to park your boat in their empty slip while they're gone, is that allowed?

We are doing that end of July. I'm just curious if we have to kind of hide it or if it's not a problem since the owner gave us permission.

Ed_on_WD

It certainly couldn't hurt if you had the guy who has the slip lease write you a note. His name will match the Marina's records. Not much chance that some random boater would know the correct name.