Another newby

Status
Not open for further replies.

huntnbum

Finally decided to join up.
The neibors have been kind enough to invite me and my wife down last year and then again in a few weeks.
It looks like this may become a yearly event, and I'm looking forward to sharing stories with the rest of you.

Last year we stayed at bullfrog the first weekend of June. We trolled and jigged, but mostly trolled and only boated about 6 fish all weekend. :(
Is it obvious that we don't know what we are doing? LOL.

We are going to try our luck near the dam this year and see if we can do any better. We picked up some new trolling rods with counters that we hope will give us some consistency after we locate schooled fish.
Any other pointers will surely be appreciated.

Tight lines everyone!:)

Make sure you have lady luck with you. Have you fished the dam before?
The neibors have been kind enough to invite me and my wife down last year and then again in a few weeks.
It looks like this may become a yearly event, and I'm looking forward to sharing stories with the rest of you.

Last year we stayed at bullfrog the first weekend of June. We trolled and jigged, but mostly trolled and only boated about 6 fish all weekend. :(

We are going to try our luck near the dam this year and see if we can do any better. We picked up some new trolling rods with counters that we hope will give us some consistency after we locate schooled fish.

I haven't fished the dam, it will be my first time down at that end of the lake.
Where do I find this "lady luck" you speak of? ;) I hope she shows up.

Welocome

The neighbors have been kind enough to invite me and my wife down last year and then again in a few weeks.

Fishing success is slowing down at the dam. Bait fishing slows/stops each year after the shad spawn. Stripers start eating very small shad. Trolling would work in the backs of canyons where shad spawn. Navajo, Gunsight, Rock Creek, Last Chance etc. Trolling by the dam would not work in June. Stay close to the fish reports and we can send you in the right direction. I would recommend bringing a spinning rod/reel with casting ability to reach out to slurping stripers.

Fishing success is slowing down at the dam. Bait fishing slows/stops each year after the shad spawn. Stripers start eating very small shad. Trolling would work in the backs of canyons where shad spawn. Navajo, Gunsight, Rock Creek, Last Chance etc. Trolling by the dam would not work in June. Stay close to the fish reports and we can send you in the right direction. I would recommend bringing a spinning rod/reel with casting ability to reach out to slurping stripers.
Thanks Wayne, I will bring all my weapons.
We will be down on the 18th through the 22nd of this month this year, so hopefully we can still catch a few in the deep water.

I've been reading some of the reports and most of them reference buoy numbers as a marker. Is there a map that shows the location of all them?
Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back