Anniversary Trip

Status
Not open for further replies.

wayne gustaveson

Staff member
I will be out of town and offline a lot until next Monday. I am meeting some of my children in Moab to celebrate our 50th Wedding anniversary. Its an exciting event and achievement for us. I may be able to answer a few question if we have internet service but not while hiking in Arches Nat'l Park. Have a great weekend. I know we will.

The Fam (1).jpg

K&M

Congratulations Wayne! What a wonderful celebration for you all! Great example as well!

Chet Garling

Congratulations to both of you on quite the achievement, my wife and I wish you happiness on your way to the next 50!

scubatim

CONGRATS WAYNE!! When we got married I did not think I would even live to see 50!!! Now our's is April 1 !!! No joke - really happened!!

Last edited by a moderator:

wayne gustaveson

Staff member
All of the children could not make the actual Anniversary trip so we are planning a summer trip and thinking of going to Roatan Island in Honduras. Has anyone been there and are there any reports of the good things to see and bad things to avoid?

scubatim

All of the children could not make the actual Anniversary trip so we are planning a summer trip and thinking of going to Roatan Island in Honduras. Has anyone been there and are there any reports of the good things to see and bad things to avoid?
We had a cabana on the north shore of Roatan for 10-12 yrs. Send me an email and I can fill you in. Have not been there for8+- yrs - but things there change sloooowwwwly!!

CHRIS MCBETH

50 = Congratulations. That's impressive!

Wayne, Amy and I have been to Roatan. It is very much like most of the Caribbean Islands with wonderful white-sand beaches, pristine water, lovely local people, lots of tourism from the Cruise ships that come in most every other day, great food, and warm breezes blowing through the palm trees... :)

There are lots of great places to stay, prices are reasonable, people are way cool, many speak dialects of Spanish and a enough English, etc.

One thing I would highly suggest:

If you're serious about this (and it's never too late to do this) GET SCUBA CERTIFIED.

The ocean down there is amazing, and on-par with some of the best scuba diving we've done anywhere (and we're on our 150th + dive or so). If you already have your NAUI or PADI cert, you know what I'm talking about.

We went there on a cruise ship and only stayed overnight and one full day, but the people we scuba dived with had been staying down there for two weeks and had nothing but good things to say. The experience we had, however limited, was also beautiful.

Call if you want to chat. You have my number.fullsizeoutput_358e.jpegfullsizeoutput_d41.jpegfullsizeoutput_13d2.jpegfullsizeoutput_b7e.jpegfullsizeoutput_13f4.jpeg

CHRIS MCBETH

We are scuba certified and have done some diving in Cayman Brack. Hawaii and Palau. We might try it again. Thanks for your report.
Wayne, have you ever dived in Lake Powell? Depending on the location, it seems like it could be pretty cool to get that perspective of being in a Slot Canyon 40 feet down, looking up through the crystal clear water.

wayne gustaveson

Staff member
Wayne, have you ever dived in Lake Powell? Depending on the location, it seems like it could be pretty cool to get that perspective of being in a Slot Canyon 40 feet down, looking up through the crystal clear water.
I got my initial certification in Lake Powell sometime in the 1980s.
I have never been diving here when the water was this clear. It would be worth a try now for sure.

CHRIS MCBETH

I got my initial certification in Lake Powell sometime in the 1980s.
I have never been diving here when the water was this clear. It would be worth a try now for sure.
I’d be willing to go with you. If interested lets chat April 27/28 when we’re up there. When the time comes I could rent gear and tanks in Phoenix and bring it with.

Status
Not open for further replies.