• Friends: Please double-check the email address you have on file. Make sure that it is current and able to receive email. When our emails are rejected it can damage our ratings and slow down future deliveries.
    Thanks!

Anchovy availability

Ken

Did I see someone post that they were having trouble finding frozen anchovies recently? We usually hit the gas station across from Walmart. Headed to Powell may 23!

wayne gustaveson

Staff member
Stix Market in Page, AZ still has anchovies.

Last weekend I started using anchovies. Then the hot sun started to melt the few anchovies left in the first bag. I cut up the remaining bait and chummed with it. Then I looked in the cooler, found a skinny striper and cut off a fillet. I left the skin on and cut off one-inch chunks of bait.
Striper skin is tough! I cut through the flesh and then through the skin. I then put the striper bait on the hook by pushing the hook through the skin and then through the flesh.

I cast into the water and let the bait sink to 40 feet . In less than a minute I caught a striper. I unhooked that fish and cast the same bait out again. I caught 9 stripers on that single piece of bait. Then it was time to go so I got my knife out, cut off the striper meat and threw it in the water.

Stripers that are eating bait really like striper meat!

William Johnston

Did I see someone post that they were having trouble finding frozen anchovies recently? We usually hit the gas station across from Walmart. Headed to Powell may 23!
My dad I are getting there on the 24th. We usually bring some with us but we will check there when we arrive! Thanks!