Thanks for your detailed response, 12 wide rocks for towing! Nice set up, cool to be in HB Magazine. Even better to get out the lake so much.Finally back from our 2nd trip in as many months, Fall is our Spring at Powell Thanks for the compliments, we love and use the heck out of our 1980 resto-Kayot.
1) does it have a propane furnace? (Not common back then)
- Yes indeed, a catalytic propane radiant wall heater. Keeps things nice and toasty in winter.
2) How many feet long is the boat and what do you tow it with?
- It’s 36’ long. Tow it with a 2006 Ram 3500 4x4 Dually. In 4 wheel low it’s a piece of cake
3) How wide is your boat?
- It’s 12’ wide. Oversize Load, however no escort required. Boatels started at 14’ wide so we went with the Kayot.
Page is our 2nd home, the boat was restored in Parker, AZ and hauled through Flagstaff in 2016 to its new home in Page.
The Yachtzee restoration project:
When Dennis Robinson decided to take on a major renovation project on an old out-of-commission rental houseboat, the name Yachtzee seemed appropriate.houseboatmagazine.com
More about the trailer:
There was some interest and a few questions in another thread about our houseboat trailer. Figured I’d post a few pics here to show how we rigged a 36’ Tandem Double Gooseneck trailer for hauling Yachtzee. The boat weighs in at approx 15,000 lbs, the trailer is about 7,000 lbs and rated to...wayneswords.net