7 to the 12 report

Status
Not open for further replies.

sherman mconell

well for what is worth we fished out of halls crossing from the 7th to 12th
we started in halls bay and it proved to be the most productive spot on the lake for use around hole in the rock and further back in the bay was the best we sean more boils there than any place we went the halls bay fish were acting like what we are all used to fishing for spot a boil run to them and cast catch a few on lipless crankbait the drop spoons to them and game on.

we also fish up lake clear to the horn and yes we spotted boils mostly in the main channel but when you got there nothing on top or on the finder in all the years i have fish this lake i have never had this happen

the water did drop from 81 to 79 why we were there that is a good sighn for the futer
the lake is just as all the rest of the reports say shad shad shad every place and the fish are healther than i have ever sean this lake is going to explode when the water cools down

we fished lake canyon and did not spot any shad or many fish on the finder so at the mouth of the canyon i hooked up the down riggers and trolled north along the cliff using a storm 9 inch double hook shad auger tail set at 70 feet and trolling speed 4 mph we had went about 3000 yards and fish on a very nice 11 pounder and that was the only fish off the down riggers

we also tryed the moki wall and got a couple on bait

all in all we scraped out several hundred but we had to work for them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back