6-1 thru 6-4 fishing trip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharon Hunt

We had a great trip at Powell for 4 days. We planned on staying longer but got to Dangling rope to find it closed! Only had enough gas for the 4 days so had to go home Friday afternoon. I’m surprised that u (Wayne) didn’t mention the closure in your reports in May.
Anyway we had great fishing success! We fished from Mountain sheep canyon to Rock Bay in all the coves and backs of canyons. We were mainly looking for Walleye & we found them! We actually caught more walleye than smallies which was surprising. Cleaned and kept
70 fillets for the freezer! We also caught a lot of big stripers. Some were thin but every so often we would get a healthy one & the fight was on! They ranged from 12” up to
26” & the biggest walleye was 22”.
We caught 40 stripers!
As usual we used Yamamoto 5” single tailed pumpkin grn grubs & fished the bottom in 20 ft or less depth. The weather was great warm days beautiful nights! Sorry it was so short!!

Attachments

• 5FA58E00-5DAD-476F-A44D-C040418E2280.jpeg
    5FA58E00-5DAD-476F-A44D-C040418E2280.jpeg
    410.7 KB · Views: 172
  • 82E0C337-6A75-49F5-AA54-59BB811EC65E.jpeg
    82E0C337-6A75-49F5-AA54-59BB811EC65E.jpeg
    492.8 KB · Views: 171
  • C26C9BD9-5F05-47D9-85D6-2EBBB82F14D7.jpeg
    C26C9BD9-5F05-47D9-85D6-2EBBB82F14D7.jpeg
    429.8 KB · Views: 173
  • 026DF994-523C-4992-9CB4-DCB70D213A38.jpeg
    026DF994-523C-4992-9CB4-DCB70D213A38.jpeg
    529.6 KB · Views: 171
We had a great trip at Powell for 4 days. We planned on staying longer but got to Dangling rope to find it closed! Only had enough gas for the 4 days so had to go home Friday afternoon. I’m surprised that u (Wayne) didn’t mention the closure in your reports in May.
Anyway we had great fishing success! We fished from Mountain sheep canyon to Rock Bay in all the coves and backs of canyons. We were mainly looking for Walleye & we found them! We actually caught more walleye than smallies which was surprising. Cleaned and kept
70 fillets for the freezer! We also caught a lot of big stripers. Some were thin but every so often we would get a healthy one & the fight was on! They ranged from 12” up to
26” & the biggest walleye was 22”.
We caught 40 stripers!
As usual we used Yamamoto 5” single tailed pumpkin grn grubs & fished the bottom in 20 ft or less depth. The weather was great warm days beautiful nights! Sorry it was so short!!
Lots of info about Dangling Rope being closed back when it happened May 21.

Thanks for sharing. Did you get the Walleye on the Yamamoto single tails ? Were you tipping with worms?

The green pumpkin red flake was the only grub I thru on my trip this spring and caught everything but a crappie with it. Sounds like you found a real hot spot for the Walleye, I'd love to fill the freezer with those fillets. 👍

Sounds like you had a great trip, the walleye bite this year has been amazing!

I honestly can't believe you would be surprised Dangling Rope is closed. It has been a trending topic on this board for weeks, any brief perusal of this site and you would have seen it!

We never would have guessed the Rope to be closed! Never happened in the 15 years we have been going up there.
Will make sure from now on!
Yeah those two windy days in mid May made a mess of it!! We didn't fish those two days, it was blowing like heck at Wahweap!!

Sounds like you had a great trip, the walleye bite this year has been amazing!

I honestly can't believe you would be surprised Dangling Rope is closed. It has been a trending topic on this board for weeks, any brief perusal of this site and you would have seen it!
I mainly check Wayne’s fishing reports I don’t have time to read all the angler reports! So I saw something on the net that they don’t expect it to reopen until April of 22? Do u know if that’s true?

Yeah those two windy days in mid May made a mess of it!! We didn't fish those two days, it was blowing like heck at Wahweap!!
We don’t usually go in May due to wind. On one trip a few years back in May we sat for 3 days on shore & watched the waves roll into the cove we were camped in.

We don’t usually go in May due to wind. On one trip a few years back in May we sat for 3 days on shore & watched the waves roll into the cove we were camped in.
Yes May can have windy days, but seem to be some of the best fishing. We just book for two weeks plus. That way if we are down because of the wind we still have more days to make up for the windy missed days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back