2023 Powell stickers don’t stick….

Status
Not open for further replies.

VikingRanch

Two weeks ago we bought our year pass, cleaned the boat, put it on. As far as I can tell it washed off in the first wave. Had my receipt, no good, no replacements. So I had to buy a second $50 pass. Then I’m told I’m not in compliance if it’s in my glovebox not on the boat. I guess we will find out next time because I am not sticking it on and taking the risk of yet another fee.

Anyone else had trouble or found a over tape that works?

It's been an issue with the Utah DMV stickers for awhile now, maybe the NPS is using the same supplier, buy junk to save buck.😎

I’ve never had a problem with the Powell decal sticking to my boat. I don’t think this years is any different.

On the other hand, I’ve always had a problem getting them off the boat. Unlike my CL decal that with a little heat comes off in one piece, the Powell detail always comes off in a million pieces.

I’ve never had a problem with the Powell decal sticking to my boat. I don’t think this years is any different.

On the other hand, I’ve always had a problem getting them off the boat. Unlike my CL decal that with a little heat comes off in one piece, the Powell detail always comes off in a million pieces.
They design them that way to keep you from transferring them to another boat.

I keep my stickers above the rub rail and never seem to have issues.

I was in Big Water few weeks ago working on the houseboat, made the short trip to the north entrence on a Friday afternoon to purchase my annual permit for my Lund, nadie allí.
If they are not manning the booths how can they enforce that?

Last edited:
The day I buy my pass, if I’m fishing/boating that day, it doesn’t go on. I have lost one in the waves on a windy day by putting it on the same day I buy it. I then put in on in the evening and have never had a problem. I prefer to go to HQ and buy them in the early spring and apply them in plenty of time prior to going out. The park passes suck to take off each year but the AZ ones come off quit easy with the heat gun. The park passes require heat and a plastic putty to remove.

The day I buy my pass, if I’m fishing/boating that day, it doesn’t go on. I have lost one in the waves on a windy day by putting it on the same day I buy it. I then put in on in the evening and have never had a problem. I prefer to go to HQ and buy them in the early spring and apply them in plenty of time prior to going out. The park passes suck to take off each year but the AZ ones come off quit easy with the heat gun. The park passes require heat and a plastic putty to remove.
This makes sense. I’ll try again in my driveway and give it time to cure.

I’ve never had an issue with a sticker falling off after application, but my UT is on the HB WAY above water line. The NPS and Colo stickers need heat to remove them cleanly every year
We have a transport cover, and so mount the sticker just below it, hasn’t been a problem in the past 4 years. When we bought the boat the sticker was under the cover on the starboard side, the lady at the kiosk was pretty salty about having to walk around my truck to see it.

Several years ago I had a registration sticker come off. Only lost one side, so still had the other side sticker. After that I put a piece of packing clear plastic tape over the sticker and that seem to stay on really good. You might try putting clear tape over it to make sure it stays in place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back