2017 Photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

BartsPlace

Staff member
This is the earliest I've ever been on the lake. I can't believe how pleasant it is. I'm sure the weather varies from year to year, but the lack of crowds, speedy free WiFi, and just plain getting out of town for the weekend was awesome! We're thinking of making it a tradition!

IMG_0862.jpg

Ryan

3 or 4 years ago, dad and I went the first week of January. We saw -16*F as we drove through Green River. I don't think the temps got above 35*F the week that we were there.

Even around Bullfrog, we didn't see another boat. Interesting experience, but spooky. After that trip, I bought a kicker for my fishing boat as I didn't want to worry about breaking down on the lake. I figured even if I was up in GHB, I could get back home with a problem with my big engine (even if it would take 7 + hours).

Even when we found the fish, they did not want to cooperate. I know more about the lake now, and like to think we would do better. But it was a rough trip in regards to catching.

Ryan

Wayne, that first photo depicts one of my favorite sights on the lake. When it has been calm long enough that the boats in the bouy field all face a different direction. Nothing better!

shanewave

You guys are killing me. Sitting here at work, dreaming of the lake. Glad the weather has been cooperating for winter runs...

Status
Not open for further replies.